R.A.M Degree

RoughAshlar

Wow.... that about sum's it up right there. I finally had the honor of being exulted to the Holy Royal Arch Degree yesterday. That is one long degree, the preparation must have taken months. I will defiantly be requesting a portion of the work the next time my chapter puts on this degree.

We had a group of visitors from upper New York State in attendance for the degree. An annual tradition I'm told, that goes back 43 years now. They seemed to be quite impressed with the degree themselves. Apparently the Canadian version although similar, is much different than the ones down south. Perspective and candidate participation I believe is what they said caused the differences, as well as the set up of Chapter. Hopefully, next year Ill be able to participate in our visitation to their Chapter.

Like the previous degrees though, it's not over yet. In fact, a lifetime of dedication and study lies before me. The journey in search of light is never ending. I have to strongly suggest to the MM's out there who haven't thought to go beyond their blue lodge, that they strongly consider their local Royal Arch Chapter.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Wow.... that about sum's it up right there. I finally had the honor of being exulted to the Holy Royal Arch Degree yesterday. That is one long degree, the preparation must have taken months. I will defiantly be requesting a portion of the work the next time my chapter puts on this degree.

I have to strongly suggest to the MM's out there who haven't thought to go beyond their blue lodge, that they strongly consider their local Royal Arch Chapter.
Congrats ! It is the one of the greatest degrees anyone will ever see.

And I agree , all MM's should go throuh the Chapter degrees .

client3245

Brian F.
Is there anything in the royal arch degree's that would perhaps be upsetting to those who are not of the Christian faith?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No , they expand on the Blue Lodge degrees , if you found nothing objectionable or upsetting in the Craft degrees then you should find the Chapter (Royal Arch) degrees perfectly acceptable . The only degrees that are Christian in the York Rite are those of the Commandery .

c.m.ellis

I also recently completed the Capitular and Cryptic degrees (Chivalric next weekend... :)). As a construction manager (i.e., operative mason), I particularly enjoyed the Mark Master Mason degree.

On a sour note, how do we feel about these "festival" or "pilgrimage" weekend ram-through sessions. I hate to say that my brain was mush after the morning sessions and the RAM and Cryptic degrees hardly sunk in at all. Why is it such an incredibly unappealing idea to slow down and actually let this stuff sink in? Isn't it worth it???

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We tried it last year and did not like the festival . It was too much on us and to much for the brothers going through the degrees to take in one day .

companion3X3

Hram

Congrats, I have been a RA Mason for about 10 years now. You have not complete you house. The Holy Royal Arch degree completes your Blue House.

pjobrian80

I am a Scottish Rite Mason and I have recently petitioned the Royal Arch Masons. Any insight that you can give me about the Royal Arch without giving away the degrees? Like how long it normally takes, the structure, and so on would be appreciated if you feel that you can share.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I received mine in one evening. It took approximately 1hr 20 minutes for the entire degree. It's very entertaining, and an excellent continuation of masonic light in my opinion.