Squirrels Rehab/Physical Therapy

OK.... so I am now in the strength rebuilding stage of my shoulder rehab and I will have to say, never would I have thought 3 lbs would be considered heavy and make my arm tired......I guess no use & surgery for almost four months will do that to ya.

G

Gary

Muscle atrophy is a pain to overcome. Literally.

Glad to hear that you are making progress though. The fact that you are working with weights is a very good sign.

Thanks.... I have been reading up on the back issue as well and all sites say "if" you might have to get surgery, establish a workout plan prior to it and do what you are able to before hand....it will make recovery better.

I had a small tear in the rotator and basically rebuilt ligament too...... it has been a pain in the arse as well. I have heard it never really gets back to normal...

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
OK.... so I am now in the strength rebuilding stage of my shoulder rehab and I will have to say, never would I have thought 3 lbs would be considered heavy and make my arm tired......I guess no use & surgery for almost four months will do that to ya.

It will make you tired in a few minutes if you have to hold it out. I think I get more sore sometimes from working with my arms extended then anything else.

I do wish you the best in your recovery though. I hope it goes smooth and fast.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Check out Massage Envy, national chain, good people, consistent.

And if 3lbs is too much, try lifting 16oz of chilled hopped beverage.

Winter

I've been here before
I had a small tear in the rotator and basically rebuilt ligament too...... it has been a pain in the arse as well. I have heard it never really gets back to normal...
It does, eventually. (2-3 years) But it requires a shit-ton of work as well as mental discipline.