religion?

FF Sparky

I had talked with my mother before joining the masons. On top of all the other myths out there, the one thing she said that threw me for a loops was that...Its not right that the freemasons accept all religions. My mother and step-father are members of the CMA motorcycle club(Christian Motorcycle Assc.) Apparently they dont allow Muslim and Buddist. Which make me wonder whats wrong with there organization?? All men are created equal? What makes some religion good and some bad? As I have seen before, and I think it was here, everyone finds their own path to heaven. Am I think in the wrong manner? She has done research since our talk and found Masonry to be a good thing and supports me on my decision now.

CoachN

Builder Builder
As I understand the tale of Iron John, the key to one's cage is hidden under one's mother's pillow and to be free, one must steal that key when one's mother is not looking.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I had talked with my mother before joining the masons. On top of all the other myths out there, the one thing she said that threw me for a loops was that...Its not right that the freemasons accept all religions. [snip]
Well, I guess she wouldn't like the Boy Scouts, either...

S&F

asgard

This is precisely my problem, and around a year ago when I joined the forum, it was my initial question. Actually I asked if it were possible to keep membership secret from the parents due to their Evangelical beliefs. I finally petitioned a Lodge in May, and if approved by the investigatory committe, whenever that will be, I'll be initiated to EA in October. I do hope that I can gradually demonstrate to my parents, that there is nothing anti-Christian involved, even though Jews and Muslims and others are accepted. It's not a religion, I shouls try to tell them when they do find out.

asgard

As I understand the tale of Iron John, the key to one's cage is hidden under one's mother's pillow and to be free, one must steal that key when one's mother is not looking.

This is so true CoachN. Partially, this, has kept me from petitoning, despite an interest dating back over 25 years. Better late than never I say.