Renting out Lodge building?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Do you rent out your Lodge building for non-masonic related activities?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yes , the dining hall is used for reunions , showers and get togethers . No alcohol is allowed and two lodge members (MMs') must be present to make sure no one wanders upstairs into the lodge room and all rules are observed .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
For the most part ours is the same Ashlar. The only difference for us is that we don't require any MM's to be present during, but MM's must come and unlock, and lock the building (including doing a "once over"). We actually have the ability to lock the upstairs, so that atleast doesn't come into play.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We need to put locks on the doors . I dug out a copy of the rules for those who want to rent the hall I have and we (MMs') also have to be there for insurance purposes . I don't know what we having to be there has anything to do with it , but....

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
That kinda puts a bind on the few that are willing to open the doors to those who rent it. That would be quite a burden, depending upon how often you rent.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We don't rent very often . When we do , we let who ever is throwing the party to their own devices (as long as their is no drinking or anything illegal going on ) and set up stairs and chat . And when it is over we make sure they have cleaned up before they leave ,lock up and we are done . But I agree that it is a pain to have to set there all day , more so since it is the same handful of members who do everything .