*sigh* corn

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Since it called for rain today, I did not go out on the kayak and went to weed the garden, but of course, I finally get out there and it rains. Got a few things picked. The tomato I picked early so it would not crack. The purple thing is a radish. Wish I could have gotten some better weeding done.

Also if anyone close wants some squirrels they are eating my daughters strawberries. Lost 4 already. I will shoot, you can pick up.

You can see the fall/winter side with the nice rows and lots of weeds.
There is still some life left to the spring/summer side, but a lot of them are gone.
A sunflower plant for my daughter, and the wife gets the Japanese eggplants. They got nice and long, but not really fat like I'm used to.

Attachments

bushgeroge551

Can it be? The end of summer already! Noooooooooooooooo :-(
Console yourself with a main dish salad, perfect for vegetarians, filling and delicious but light enough for a balmy, end of summer eve. If you’d like to up the ante for hearty eaters, just add some roasted chicken.
Everything is in season right now, so take advanatge of the bounty of summer!

Corn & Strawberry Salad
8 stalks asparagus
1 ear corn
2 pickling cucumbers
3 large heirloom tomatoes
2 carrots
1 red pepper
8 strawberries
4 large basil leaves
1/4 sweet onion
1/2 cup drained garbanzo beans
4 Tbl diced goat cheese
1/2 large avocado, diced
Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil corn for 3 minutes, remove and set aside. Put asparagus spears into pot and lower heat. Cook for about 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
Dice cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, red pepper basil and onion and divide into four bowls. Remove kernels from corn and add to bowls. Chop asparagus and add.
Top with garbanzo beans, goat cheese and avocado.
Dress with your favorite vinaigrette.

Winter

I've been here before

Can it be? The end of summer already! Noooooooooooooooo :-(
Console yourself with a main dish salad, perfect for vegetarians, filling and delicious but light enough for a balmy, end of summer eve. If you’d like to up the ante for hearty eaters, just add some roasted chicken.
Everything is in season right now, so take advanatge of the bounty of summer!

Corn & Strawberry Salad
8 stalks asparagus
1 ear corn
2 pickling cucumbers
3 large heirloom tomatoes
2 carrots
1 red pepper
8 strawberries
4 large basil leaves
1/4 sweet onion
1/2 cup drained garbanzo beans
4 Tbl diced goat cheese
1/2 large avocado, diced
Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil corn for 3 minutes, remove and set aside. Put asparagus spears into pot and lower heat. Cook for about 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
Dice cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, red pepper basil and onion and divide into four bowls. Remove kernels from corn and add to bowls. Chop asparagus and add.
Top with garbanzo beans, goat cheese and avocado.
Dress with your favorite vinaigrette.

Your post is a cut and paste of a recipe from Tumblr http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lunch?before=1315166321 with no original material. If you are here for actual Masonic discussion, fine. Introduce yourself in the appropriate forum. If you are, as I suspect, a spammer, then go bother someone else. You're not wanted here.