SR Ring

If you are a member of the SR, did they give you a 14 deg ring when you went through? I will have to answer that question tomorrow evening sometime....I really dont know.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I got a ring inside a clear pyramid. I bought my own SR ring. I like it. Black with black symbols so unless you look closely, it just looks like a black ring.

G

Gary

<snip> I bought my own SR ring. I like it. Black with black symbols so unless you look closely, it just looks like a black ring.

Where did you find that? Got a link or a pic? Sounds interesting!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Sized to wear and we get a choice , pay the regular price for some cheap sterling silver band or pay more for a gold band . I have found it is cheaper to pick a gold one up from a pawn shop .

G

Gary

Sized to wear and we get a choice , pay the regular price for some cheap sterling silver band or pay more for a gold band . I have found it is cheaper to pick a gold one up from a pawn shop .
So...They don't really "give" you anything. :rolleyes:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Oh no , they are not going to GIVE you anything . I asked if I could go through and not buy the ring so I would not have to pay so much and they said NO .

G

Gary

Oh no , they are not going to GIVE you anything . I asked if I could go through and not buy the ring so I would not have to pay so much and they said NO .
That figures, but I would guess that the YR doesn't give you anything like that either.

So the cost of the ring is additional to "the fees" or is it included as non-optional?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No , my YR gives us our Red Cross and Malta jewels for free , and even though they do not cost much also our Mark Master pennies . The money for these gifts comes out of the YR bodies coffers and not the pockets of the candidates .

Granted some bodies do not have the money to buy these jewels and pennies for their members , I am yet to hear that any expect their candidates to pay for them either , some may do so though .

No ring here.....It was a really good time....looooonnnngggg......started at 0730 and I left just after awards at the dinner at 2000....started the day @ 0530, approx 1.5 hrs to get there....120 in our class....

Ashlar...was you in the Valley of Covington...or Lexington?

I did find out the Valley of Indianapolis is the largest SR Valley in the world....and has the largest SR Cathedral tooVERY IMRESSIVE facility...if ya get the chance to got to Indianapolis....check out the SR Cathedral....

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Yeah, as others have said: they don't really give you anything. Your degree fees pay for it. Now, in my Templar Commandery, your fees provide you with the Malta jewel, but that's it. If you want a Red Cross Jewel, or even a Past Eminent Commander's jewel you have to provide that for yourself. But we're very small and struggling right now. Uniforms, chapeaux and swords are your responsibility, too, unless you're lucky enough to find old ones in the armory that fit. I, unfortunately, have not been so lucky (although I do have a dandy sword from the armory). York Rite is an expensive organization to get into.

When I went SR, lo, so many years ago, my fees provided me with a 14th degree ring and the cap. That was all the bling it bought me.

Ashlar.... that Valley is 30 minutes from my house.

Azpir8king-..... I think you are right, I have found any NMJ that "gives" out a ring, we did get a nice double headed eagle pin....

We had 3 from the Supreme Council there:eek:...apparently thats a BIG deal:D.....can remeber 2 of the Ill. Brothers names:confused:...one was the Soverign Grand Commander Ill. John Wm. McNaughton.... I remember him...hes a HOOSIER too....