Sublime Prince of The Royal Secret

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
Good day fellow Princes it has been a month now since I have been elevated from Bro. to Prince. I have to say it has been an experience of a life time and I am better for it. It did not hit me until my WM announced it my elevation during our lodge meeting. He said, "You will now be known as a 32 degree mason." At that moment I realized that I been through a great experience that i will never forget.

jaya

Congrats. But, you need to understand that you are still no higher than a 3rd degree. Master mason is the biggest honor that can be conferred on you. In the blue lodge all the higher degrees mean nothing. I am actually suprised that your WM brought that up in a lodge meeting.

FF Sparky

3rd degree Mason is the highest, but I believe A newly elevated 32 degree is still worthy of announcing, but that's it, just an announcement of an acheivement

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Congrats Brother.

We have those lodges in my area who are bursting at the seams with 33rds , who just love to introduce all their 33rds and KCCH Masons at every Blue lodge stated/called meeting . I do not allow it in my lodge . I am hard core YR and do not even allow them to be introduced by their titles in that body . When they walk in my Lodge , they leave those useless titles outside the door.
I can see where that can get bothersome rather quickly.

HAUS469

Congrats......we have one brother in our lodge that we always mention 33 rd degree behind his name during the certain times of "business" meetings..33rd is VERY rare in my area.Thats as far as it goes.He has been a mason for 63 years....and is still active.Its an honor to sit in a lodge with a brother of such devotion and love for the craft.

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
Congrats. But, you need to understand that you are still no higher than a 3rd degree. Master mason is the biggest honor that can be conferred on you. In the blue lodge all the higher degrees mean nothing. I am actually suprised that your WM brought that up in a lodge meeting.
I appreciate you sharing that light with my Brother. I am fully aware that the Blue Lodge is it, the Sublime Degree in Freemasonry. Who knows why our Secretary mentioned my elevation, I'm not sure. Maybe I was out of order for mentioning it on this site. None the less, I am proud of my journeys. In the MWPHGLNE our communications are usually followed by 32 or 33 degree behind said person sending the communication, for example it will say
(GM John Doe 32 Degree). Not sure it may be something we do in our jurisdiction. I will look into that just for my understanding.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I appreciate you sharing that light with my Brother. I am fully aware that the Blue Lodge is it, the Sublime Degree in Freemasonry. Who knows why our Secretary mentioned my elevation, I'm not sure. Maybe I was out of order for mentioning it on this site. None the less, I am proud of my journeys. In the MWPHGLNE our communications are usually followed by 32 or 33 degree behind said person sending the communication, for example it will say
(GM John Doe 32 Degree). Not sure it may be something we do in our jurisdiction. I will look into that just for my understanding.
You are not out of line, we just read something that we haven't seen. SO thank you for the light. :)

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
3rd degree Mason is the highest, but I believe A newly elevated 32 degree is still worthy of announcing, but that's it, just an announcement of an acheivement
Thank you Brother. That's what it was. If any business that is not Blue Lodge business, brothers are quick to set the business straight. A quick congratulation and then back to Blue Lodge business.

jaya

Not out of line at all Brother. Each jurisdiction has their own way of doing things. What I might find strange might be completely the norm in some jurisdictions. I am also a 32nd SR mason and KSA. When I sign the attendence record at our SR meetings I sign it Jay Austin 32, KSA. When I sign it in my blue lodge, I just sign Jay Austin. I love the SR and what it stands for as well as my blue lodge.

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
You are not out of line, we just read something that we haven't seen. SO thank you for the light. :)
Thank you my Brother. I feel this sight is a great site. We only have two meetings a month and this site sometimes act as 3rd or 4th meeting for me minus the day to day business we do at the lodge. I just want to join in the brotherly love without disrupting the harmony. I've been off this sight for a while and see that I have a lot to read and catch up on. None the less thank all you brothers for the kind words and Travel Light.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Thank you my Brother. I feel this sight is a great site. We only have two meetings a month and this site sometimes act as 3rd or 4th meeting for me minus the day to day business we do at the lodge. I just want to join in the brotherly love without disrupting the harmony. I've been off this sight for a while and see that I have a lot to read and catch up on. None the less thank all you brothers for the kind words and Travel Light.
I call FMH my E-Lodge.

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
Not out of line at all Brother. Each jurisdiction has their own way of doing things. What I might find strange might be completely the norm in some jurisdictions. I am also a 32nd SR mason and KSA. When I sign the attendence record at our SR meetings I sign it Jay Austin 32, KSA. When I sign it in my blue lodge, I just sign Jay Austin. I love the SR and what it stands for as well as my blue lodge.
You know that is so true. We have a few Brothers who were raised over seas and the way they conduct their Lodge quite different than the way we conduct or Lodge. Not that much a difference but enough that sometimes there is little confusion in the Lodge but that what our second meeting night is for. Study time.

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
I call FMH my E-Lodge.
lol... E-Lodge. You know that's not a bad name. I'm from Nebraska and this weather will have me participating in a lot of E-Lodge nights very soon... I was cleaning the snow of my car and accidentally ice scrapped my S&C emblem off of my car. I had it for a year. I thought it was ice... Told my WM that my light was gone, but he gave me a brotherly reminded that I am the light.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Oh trust, the Brother that congratulated me properly asked the WM of the Lodge.
Didn't think it any other way . What goes on in other lodges and in other jurisdictions is none of my business . I was just stating how we do (or do not do) things .

Congrats by the way .