Suggest

mike

Being slightly new to masonary I would like you guys to suggest me a book that would clear my thoughts about the topic.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
"The Craft and It's Symbols" by Allen Roberts is a good one . It's easy to read , helps make sense of some of the symbilism and is only 90 pages . You can find it on Amazon . I lend my copy to our newly raised MM .

cemab4y

You should get "Freemasonry for Dummies" and "The complete idiot's guide to Freemasonry" . Both of these can be ordered from Amazon.com There are many good masonic books available from Macoy publishing of Richmond VA. Check out Macoy Publishing : Home

mark

Thats quiet handy cemab4y. I was in search of some e links too. It'll help me a lot as well :) I'll check them and give you a feedback of how they are.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have both The "Dummies" and the "Idoits Guide" . You can get them a little cheaper from Amazon.com . I bought my "Idoits Guide" brand new for $5.00 from Amazon . And I found 2 others that I ordered yesterday that Macoys sells for $20 or higher on Amazon for $5 and $8 , both brand new . You just have to check out their new and used section from other sellers . Macoys Publishing is a little more pricey .

G

Gary

You should get "Freemasonry for Dummies" and "The complete idiot's guide to Freemasonry" . Both of these can be ordered from Amazon.com There are many good masonic books available from Macoy publishing of Richmond VA. Check out Macoy Publishing : Home
+1 on both of those. They are well written by reputable authors, and are meant to be either read from cover to cover or as a resource for individual topic studies.

Macoy publishing has a wealth of materials as well. I've not ordered books from them, but their masonic regalia is of high quality. Quick shipping too.

Azpir8king

I have recycled MY copy of "Freemasons for Dummies" to a number of people. I enjoyed the read. One of those I have passed it to just petitioned and another is reading it now. Its a great 'brochure" when I am asked what "that freemason/lodge thing is about?". It leads to great questions about why I personally chose to pursue Freemasonry.

I also now need to expand my FM reading material greatly.

berthemp

I have recycled MY copy of "Freemasons for Dummies" to a number of people. I enjoyed the read. One of those I have passed it to just petitioned and another is reading it now. Its a great 'brochure" when I am asked what "that freemason/lodge thing is about?". It leads to great questions about why I personally chose to pursue Freemasonry.

I also now need to expand my FM reading material greatly.
The Dummies book has been read by about 8 people at our station. 6 have joined after reading it and talking to me and another brother. Well written and some great stories that you otherwise might not have heard about. Well recommended.

Azpir8king

Border Patrol. Nogales, AZ.
I grew up in Sierra Vista back in the 60's thru 80's. We never used to have Border issues next to Ft. Huachuca. Quiet little SW town. The last time I was down there it was full of towers and check points. Times change. Be safe, Brother!!!