Sword

ElSnapitan

Hello. I am new here. My Great Grandfather was a Freemason in the early 1900's I believe. I have his sword and I have questions about it. I am not a Freemason but am very interested. I have been for awhile now. I was speaking with a friend of mine about it who was a mason, but was killed in a traffic accident just before us going to a meeting....

I have looked for this sword for awhile online but am not able to find it anywhere.

My great grandfather's name was Charles McDonald and he was from Toledo, Ohio.

I posted quite a few pics of this because there is so much detail and I figured you would like to see this as much as I do. If anyone has any information about this sword I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Snappy

Winter

I've been here before
Thank you for the great pics. But most of us have seen them or carry them. :) If it was a the sword of a family member, then by all means, carry on the tradition. If... If you feel that it means something to you, and not because it was what "He" did. The pictures are great, but only "You" know what is in your heart.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Your Great Grandfather's Freemason Brothers probably called him, "Sir Knight". It's a fine sword. Keep it in the family as that's where the value of it really is. If any of the men in your family decide to follow York Rite, they will be proud to wear that sword when they have earned the right to.

rbryantr

Seeing as it is embossed in gold, your great grandfather was also, most likey a Past Commander of his Commandery.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Seeing as it is embossed in gold, your great grandfather was also, most likey a Past Commander of his Commandery.
Well ... ALL the blades are done in gold, the real clue here is that the scabbard and hilt fittings are gold, too. Most definitely a KT commander's sword.

ElSnapitan

Wow. Thanks again. I need to get in touch with one of the local lodges here in Las Vegas. If anyone on these forums is from Vegas please PM me. Thanks!

Snappy