The Masonic Symbols of the Grand Lodge of Philadelphia - anti

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
As I mentioned in my last article in this Philadelphia series about my trek to Philadelphia City Hall, on my way there I came across the Grand Lodge of Philadelphia and the impressive masonic symbols scattered throughout the architectural masterpiece.
While I had to divert my attention on that first day so that I could make sure to get into City Hall before dark, on my way back I was able to capture a number of nice snapshots of the Masonic lodge.
It was after-hours (after 5pm, nearly everything closes in Philly), but I was still able to capture some clear images of this building, which would later help me in verifying some of the history that I’d already collected about the Masonic history of this building and its members.
What I would like to share with you in this update is a lineage and history that even many residents of Philadelphia (or America for that matter) realize about the members of this secret society, many of whom were the very founding fathers of the nation. Of course, for those that have studied masonic history in America, it is no secret that the country and its Constitution were very much influenced by masonic – or Illuminati – principles.

more http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2012/06/the-masonic-symbols-of-the-grand-lodge-of-philadelphia/

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Ok, so according to this guy, the nation was founded by the Illuminati, and not Masons. That the Illuminati pre-date Masons Yet the Illuminati weren't founded until 1776, half a world away, ignoring the fact that those Founding Fathers were Masons prior to the Illuminati being around.

Why do these guys write this junk? What's the point?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ok, so according to this guy, the nation was founded by the Illuminati, and not Masons. That the Illuminati pre-date Masons Yet the Illuminati weren't founded until 1776, half a world away, ignoring the fact that those Founding Fathers were Masons prior to the Illuminati being around.

Why do these guys write this junk? What's the point?
Yeah, it was an interesting article. When I saw the url in the news feed I had a feeling it would be interesting. But it goes to prove people still do write, and believe this stuff.

2SONDAD

I guess I don't understand why people just refuse to believe that we're nothing more than a men's fraternity. Fiction is more interesting than reality, I guess.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I guess I don't understand why people just refuse to believe that we're nothing more than a men's fraternity. Fiction is more interesting than reality, I guess.
We are an easy target. For how long did we not do anything but stand by at let people say things like that? For others it may be they do not like their chosen spot in life and want to blame someone. Again, we are an easy target for that. Then again, maybe some just have delusions of fantasy.

bcnu

I think it is because people just do not understand the basic principles of freemasonary. That and the fact jthat it is difficult to seaperate facts from fiction while in the darkness of the world. Then again, it could be just because it is easier to not muddy the waters with fact when they have thought this way for a couple of huindred years and nobody has corrected them. John

Winter

I've been here before
We should return to the longstanding policy of silence. Let the world think what they want about us and indulge in every wild fantasy. The man who has an enlightened mind and a desire for knowledge and understanding will still come seeking us out. Honestly, do we really care what the pastor down the street is saying about us? Nine times out of ten if he is preaching about us or someone else being evil it is only to keep his own dwindling membership in their pews. Let him rant all day long while we smile and continue building that Temple not built with human hands.

We have no need to apologize for what we do or who we are. Freemasonry accepts men of all monotheistic faiths in Brotherhood. If they can't do the same, they can... (I couldn't think of anything polite to put here.)

2SONDAD

We should return to the longstanding policy of silence. Let the world think what they want about us and indulge in every wild fantasy. The man who has an enlightened mind and a desire for knowledge and understanding will still come seeking us out. Honestly, do we really care what the pastor down the street is saying about us? Nine times out of ten if he is preaching about us or someone else being evil it is only to keep his own dwindling membership in their pews. Let him rant all day long while we smile and continue building that Temple not built with human hands.

We have no need to apologize for what we do or who we are. Freemasonry accepts men of all monotheistic faiths in Brotherhood. If they can't do the same, they can... (I couldn't think of anything polite to put here.)
I have to admit....I believe you're correct.

bcnu

I don't really see as it makes a big difference in what non members think. The ones that want to learn and be better still will and the ones with all those crazy conspiracy theories will keep on beleiving whatever in the world they beleive in. I read a bunch of anti stuff before I got involved and it borders on the absurd. If they are not any smarter than that, they probably couldnt get a signed petition anyway. Cant sign up a dolt lol. While everyone should be offered a helping hand, you just can't fix stupid. John

2SONDAD

I have a brother that is a conspiracy theorist and he drives me crazy, although I think he secretly does it just to get a rise out of people. I have learned to ignore him easily enough.