Traditional Observance Masonry

cemab4y

Is anyone here, involved in a Traditional Observance (T.O.) lodge? I am fascinated with these types of lodges, and I am researching the topic. A Masonic friend, is interested in establishing a lodge in the future.

Their concepts and ritual work, look terrific. These lodges are catching on in California, Canada, and other places.

See:

Traditional Observance

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
(cut and pasted from the FB site of the Grand Lodge of AF&AM of North Carolina)

Exciting news! North Carolina's first Traditional Observance lodge is in the process of forming. Join us for an organizational meeting at the Salisbury Masonic Temple, 401 N. Fulton Street [Salisbury, NC] on July 31st at 7:30 p.m. See attached flyer for details. For further information on Traditional Observance lodges, please see this link: http://traditionalobservance dot com/

I am disappointed that this is on a weeknight 3 hours away.

S&F

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I live not too far away from one here in CA and its on my list to visit. Along with a French speaking lodge that has a unique twist to their rituals, or so I am told.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I hope the concept is well received here in North Carolina and another TO lodge forms here in the eastern part were I live.
I went the other night to a Fellow Crafts Degree at a local lodge put on by Knights of Solomon Lodge UD to show their proficiency in that degree as part of their chartering process. There is already KoS #764, based in Charlotte (4 hours west of me). This one will be chartered in Jacksonville, NC, but will travel all over eastern NC to meet, ride (did I mention they are a motorcycle affinity lodge?) and raise funds for our charities. My first Lodge Under Dispensation entry in my Masonic Passport!
Having said all that, I hope the TO concept spreads this way, too. With the formal dress and emphasis on education and proficiency, it is attractive.

S&F