Wall art

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Do you have painted wall art on your Lodge walls, or is it art like posters and paintings.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have several lithographs and paintings(art) hung on the walls along with all our Past Masters along the south wall , Officers photos along the west Wall and we are getting ready to move all our OES officers photos from the anti room to put up on our North wall .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
We have a freshly painted walls, we got rid of the old off pink walls that had been in place since 1971 when the lodge hall was a church. Much nicer color the tan is.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
We have a "painted portrait" of George Washington in our lodge room, but that is about it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have come to believe that my lodge is the only lodge in the US without a picture of George Washington in it somewhere LOL . Other than Past Masters and officers photos , the only picture we have up of anyone who has never been a member of our lodge is a picture of Bro. Rob Morris .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ashlar I will try and check my Lodge. There is none that I know off, but it could be hidden somewhere.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I was beginning to think that a picture of George was a must have in all US lodges and we were just being different .

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I belong to Racine-Belle City Lodge #18 F&AM Wisconsin. Our Lodge was constructed in 1923 when there were more than 2,000 Masons in our little town alone. It is one of the last Neo-Egyptian pieces of architecture left in the USA. A beautiful, beautiful lodge building with two rather largish lodge rooms, a full kitchen and banquet facility (in the basement) and offices, etc. We're awfully proud of the old girl here and are doing our best to make sure that she stays in Masonic hands well into the future.

Oh, yes ... we do not have a portrait of Dear George in our Lodge Room. We do have portraits of him elsewhere about the building, but not in the Lodge Room.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I love those Egyptian style Lodges . I believe , BG can correct me on this , that the Grand Lodge of Pa. has an extremely beautiful Egyptian motif .

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I love those Egyptian style Lodges . I believe , BG can correct me on this , that the Grand Lodge of Pa. has an extremely beautiful Egyptian motif .
Well ... y'all are certainly invited to drop by for a tour of our facility any time you like. And if you drop by on Tuesday night, there's a good chance that you could sit in Lodge with us. We love visitors.

G

Gary

Ours has the obligatory portrait of George Washington in the Lodge as well. We have framed print's and custom water color paintings as well.

Cyberjock

My lodge has framed pictures, of Washington, Lafayette, the signing of the Declaration of Independance, as well as some painted on the wall Square & Compases, and OES symbols.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Ashlar, you are correct, there is one lodge room in the Grand Lodge building that is of Egyptian styling.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ok, found a picture of what I believe to be George Washington. Hard to tell, the picture was not hung nor was it marked.