Was C.S. Lewis a Freemason?

cemab4y

I am trying to find out if C.S. Lewis was a Mason. If anyone has definitive information, please let me know.

RoughAshlar

Im pretty sure he wasn't. I remember watching a documentury about him, which stated that he was a profound aethiest through most of his life. After many years of debating the existence of God with Tolkien on walks around the lake at Oxford he did eventually come to belief. This was before he wrote the Chronicals of Narnia however. I suppose he could have become a mason later on, but I cannot find any valid information to that end. Although, there were a couple of conspiracy sites that say he is illuminate and trying to lead children to witchcraft :p Some people really need to get a job... and a girl friend...

cemab4y

C.S. Lewis was an atheist for a part of his life. He converted to Christianity, and delivered a series of lectures by radio, during WW2. He collected some of these talks into a book "Mere Christianity", a best-seller. I have not found any record of him ever petitioning Freemasonry.