Wet Shaving

MWS

I realize this is an old thread but.......I bought a long handled Merkur razor and switched to Taylor of Old Bond Street shave cream. All I can say is "wow". It made a huge difference and brought shaving to a whole different level for me. Why am I excited about shaving now? Well, I suffered for years from ingrown hairs- sometimes requiring trips to the dermatologist for cortisone injections. Now I have none.
You can't go wrong with ToBS, their creams are fantastic. One of the reasons I started wet shaving was for ingrowns, and as you mention it is almost a miracle cure. I started with DE's but find (after a little learning curve) that straights are even more comfortable...

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I've been considering trying a straight, but the hassle of strops and and the sharpening has been keeping me away. My combo of the Merkur and Crystal blades from Israel have been working fantastic. Thinking about trying Feather blades, but I can get the Crystals for about .10 a blade which are pretty cheap.

Winter

I've been here before
I use the safety razor my grandfather used his whole life. Combined with Williams mug soap and whatever blades are on sale! LoL I will admit. There is something that feels right about carrying on such a manly tradition.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Three things I would rather take an a** kicking rather than doing is washing dishes , laundry and shaving . I do not care what kind of blade , how smooth the shave etc; etc; . I hate it with a passion . I would much rather wear my beard but it no longer matches my hair , being that my hair is still it's natural color and my beard is now completely white and makes me look 30 years older (as a young , new Master Mason told me when looking an officers picture taken last December with my white beard) .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Three things I would rather take an a** kicking rather than doing is washing dishes , laundry and shaving . I do not care what kind of blade , how smooth the shave etc; etc; . I hate it with a passion . I would much rather wear my beard but it no longer matches my hair , being that my hair is still it's natural color and my beard is now completely white and makes me look 30 years older (as a young , new Master Mason told me when looking an officers picture taken last December with my white beard) .
Aye, it may, however, it may make you look more intelligent also. I honestly would like a white beard. Only because it makes it easier when Christmas comes about. I hate having to die it, but the rewards are well worth the smell and fumes.