What about the Knights Templars?

I have heard that the Knights Templars once had joined the Freemasons after they where forced to disband back in the 1500's & 1600's. I would like to know if this true or not. I heard that it's not true & others say it is true. Which is it? Any information will be very much appreciated.:confused:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You answered your own question . There is much speculation and debate on this subject , some say yes and some say no. You are off on your dates though by a couple of hundred years , King Phillip IV of France ordered the Templars to be simultaneously arrested on Friday, October 13, 1307 (it is thought that this is where the superstition of Friday the 13th being unlucky started) . Also , it is speculated that the Templars who were in hiding started Freemasonry , not joined them .

Read John J. Robinson's "Born In Blood" . He claims to have found ties between the Templars and Freemasonry , but I think it is nothing more than speculation . I for one do not think it is true , but the next Mason may post that they do think is true . No one person has a definitive answer , you will have to do your own research on the subject and draw your own conclusions as to weather if it is true or not .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Your welcome . Like I said above , get a copy of "Born In Blood " . It's an interesting read if anything else .