What to think of the world?

tom760

I lived most my life closed minded about things such as God and the supernatural. Now I find myself at the other extreme of being too open minded and paranoid. I'm seeking God more now and interested in learning the Bible more than any time before, but still I'm left wondering what direction to go with work in my life.

My paranoid and worrying sides make me question of doing work on trying to improve the way of things could be bad. On the other hand, maybe it's exactly what I'm supposed to do. Considering it possibly bad to change the way of things too much, maybe I should just focus on making money.

Probably not good to over-think things so much, but I do wonder if maybe the nature of total reality (including others I may not know) is such that helping others doesn't matter as much as it seems.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
In my opinion only, there is nothing bad that can come of trying to assist others, and trying to make a better place for your community. Overthinking things is not always bad, but if your heart and mind are in the right place, and done for the betterment of mankind, this shouldn't be thought of as a bad thing.

tom760

I agree it shouldn't be a bad thing. Sometimes in wondering how far to go though I wonder if that can possibly be bad. So many variables in deciding if something is good or not and with so much confusion about what is real, it leaves me in a weird place.

I have a hard time guessing how accurate I am on some topics. Some things though such as frustrations with health care leave me feeling like things could be vastly improved. But in doing so I wonder about financial / economic issues, maybe keeping people from seeking God by avoiding crisis, and if it's maybe bad in some ways to make it more difficult to not heal.

In my personal experience I feel like I have lost years of my life for no good reason. My mind naturally goes into a mode of seeing ways to do things better where this could have been different. I don't deny though I was lazy and made a choice in some ways to not get better, but more hope (rather than frustration) from medical support though likely would have helped me not be lazy. In some ways I guess you could look at being allowed to make that choice of not healing is a form of freedom, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that's enough to keep things from being better.

I guess it's more a question of how far to go with trying to improve things and what is the best way to possibly make changes in various areas. I don't have the knowledge / understanding to go into all the details, but I do see many branches for starting points of philosophical type considerations to dive into. It's a little scary though leaving me wondering if I start doing this maybe I will find out a more real reality.

Another route to go would be starting various businesses and making lots of money. Depending on what really matters, this could be a pretty neat experience to.

I just don't know what to think. Wondering if I should start blogging on topics and see what responses come. I'm not that familiar with the Freemasons, but I do wonder on some areas maybe better not delved into publicly if the member community would be a good place to find folks that are knowledgeable in the right area and have good morals. Maybe I'm just an idiot though. lol.

Will be interesting to see where things go...

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Tom, if I can be so bold, you do seem a bit confused within your own personal identity. I do not mean this as an insult, just what I am getting from your posts. If you need something tactile, or immediate reward (even if you don't get credit for it) I would suggest volunteering at some local social event. It's amazing how much enjoyment you can receive from helping others. If this is something that you enjoy, and are not expecting any acknowledgement from it, then it may clarify some of your feelings it seems that you are attempting to express. Your worship of god or any diety of your choice, is yours, and yours alone. You should worship as you see fit, and not necessarily what others expect. The connection between you and your god is specifically between exactly that, if you elect to make that public, it is your choice. Your path in life cannot and should not be determined by someone else, it needs to be your path. If we can assist you on your path, all the better, but we cannot dictate the path you should follow. I hope it doesn't seem that I am rambling. This is of course just one man's opinion (mine). I hope that you can find a path that you are comfortable with.

shooter

Tom760,
If I may stick my nose in here just a minute.
There are many things in life you can't control. One that you can is your direction. I too was in a similar "frame of mind" as you in the not too distant past.
You indicated an interest in the Bible, which also indicates an interest in God.
Don't try to solve the problems of the world by yourself. It will only lead you to more depression and confusion.
I am (amongst other things)the road manager and engineer for a gospel recording artist/evangelist.
He has helped me learn to trust more in God than myself. We don't do anything without His help.
Find a quiet place and just talk to Him about your thoughts and anxiety.
Once you open your heart to Him, I'm sure you will start seeing things in a new light.
(It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Ps 118:8)
Please don't take this as a sermon. Your life is so similar to how mine was that I am hoping this might help.
Good Luck and prayers be with you.