Whatcha Reading

R

ron-paul

http://www.***************.com/cookies/37/b/happy.gif

Issue 14 - One World

Some days it seems like the world is getting smaller and smaller. It’s not, of course, but the internet can make it feel that way. Take WRN? for instance. Every month we get visitors from all over. Places like Canada and Germany and Japan. We’ve even had visitors from Moldova more than once. So we thought we should celebrate these connections with an issue dedicated to books set in other countries or books set in the U.S.—where we’re from—that have characters who have come here from someplace else.

This issue will take you to Ireland in The Book of Tomorrow and to both the Philippines and London in Tall Story. If you’d rather stay in the U.S, read our interview with Cara Chow about her novel Bitter Melon, which features a Chinese teen girl or our YA feature of Medeia Sharif’s Bestest. Ramadan. Ever.. about a Muslim teen girl. Both stories, although different in tone, deal with the conflicts that arise when a family’s original culture conflicts with the one in the new home they’ve made in America.

We hope you decide to stay awhile. Enjoy your visit. And, whatever you decide to read, use this issue as your passport to one world of reading!

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
http://www.***************.com/cookies/37/b/happy.gif

Issue 14 - One World

Some days it seems like the world is getting smaller and smaller. It’s not, of course, but the internet can make it feel that way. Take WRN? for instance. Every month we get visitors from all over. Places like Canada and Germany and Japan. We’ve even had visitors from Moldova more than once. So we thought we should celebrate these connections with an issue dedicated to books set in other countries or books set in the U.S.—where we’re from—that have characters who have come here from someplace else.

This issue will take you to Ireland in The Book of Tomorrow and to both the Philippines and London in Tall Story. If you’d rather stay in the U.S, read our interview with Cara Chow about her novel Bitter Melon, which features a Chinese teen girl or our YA feature of Medeia Sharif’s Bestest. Ramadan. Ever.. about a Muslim teen girl. Both stories, although different in tone, deal with the conflicts that arise when a family’s original culture conflicts with the one in the new home they’ve made in America.

We hope you decide to stay awhile. Enjoy your visit. And, whatever you decide to read, use this issue as your passport to one world of reading!
Enjoying your little copy and paste fest?

Fireman

I am working my way through Forward Freemasonry Volume 1. Can be a little rough, like reading a text book at times, but so many great little nuggets of interesting history trivia.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
I am reading.... TEXTBOOKS. Keep me in your prayers, cause I am gonna need them. I am waist deep in homework, taking an overload of classes, while working two jobs and preparing for a baby in March.

Tuition: Over $3,000
Textbooks? About $700.
Taking all my classes this semester online (and thus not having to relinquish my sidearm at the door to the college): Priceless.
Taking classes that attempt to have me unlearn what I was taught at the academy? Pointless.

Attachments

I am reading.... TEXTBOOKS. Keep me in your prayers, cause I am gonna need them. I am waist deep in homework, taking an overload of classes, while working two jobs and preparing for a baby in March.

Textbooks? About $700.
Taking all my classes this semester online (and thus not having to relinquish my sidearm at the door to the college): Priceless.
Taking classes that attempt to have me unlearn what I was taught at the academy? Pointless.
Brother....I do completely understand.... I am four classes away from completion and I have one instructor that has me very aggravated almost to the point of dropping out....BUT I am not. Where are you taking classes from?

Custer148

Masonic Traveler

Textbooks? About $700.

Best of Luck, FamilyMan, going to college (or going back to college) is tough at times, & with a young family also.:1-pray:

I have a tough enough time getting my work done then the 'honey do list' kicks in...........:1-sigh:eek:h well, I will live through it.