Whatcha Reading

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
"Observing the Craft" by Andrew Hammer
Let me know what you think of it. I'm considering buying a copy.
He will be coming to our Table Lodge (three Lodges coming together with Reynoldsburg Lodge's tradition as the format for the evening) as the guest speaker. I haven't read the book but this gives me a great chance to build for a Builder to speak at mine.

Oh I'm working on his books, my ritual book and whatever chapters I need to study for my finals next week

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Today: the Official Standard of the Work.
[snip]
(on my 28 day Certified Lecturer review cycle)
[sigh]

S&F
Could you send me your breakdown. I have this crazy notion that I want to possible work with Lodges at the district level.
28 Day practice schedule:

1. Tyler's Oath, Open Lodge on 3° (omit prayer).
2. Open 1° (without prayer)- incl EADEC form.
3. Open 2° (without prayer) Standard form
4. Close 2° (without prayer)-standard form
5. Second section 3° to West
6. 1° lecture (omit charge)
7. 3° lecture (omit charge)

8. Dispense w/labor, stated comm, Resume labor
9. Confer 1° to lecture (without reading,with prayer)
10. Open 2° (without prayer)- FCDEC form
11. Close 2° (without prayer)- FCDEC form
12. Second section 3° from West to lecture (without prayer)
13. 1° lecture (omit charge)
14. 3° lecture (omit charge)

15. Call from labor to refreshment, Call from refreshment to labor
16. Close 1° (without prayer)- incl EADEC form
17. Confer 2° to charge (without read, lecture, & charge)
18. 2° Catechism (omit obl & working tools)
19. Short form 2nd sect 3° in detail
20. 1° lecture (omit charge)
21. 3° lecture (omit charge)

22. Disp. w/labor, emergent comm, Close on 3° (omit prayer).
23. Catechism of 1° (without obl & working tools)
24. 2° lecture (omit charge)
25. Confer 1st section 3° (without read)
26. 3° Cat of (without obl & working tools)
27. 1° lecture (omit charge)
28. 3° lecture (omit charge)

The above is a spread out version of the 7 hour Certified Lecturer exam for AF&AM of NC. I just broke each hour up into 4 parts, except for the EAD and MMD lectures in the last 2 hours.

BTW, Prozac or Celexa are very good for those pesky self-destructive thoughts, and both are only $4/month supply at Wally-World! :D

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Does anyone read anything NOT Freemason related (seeing how this is the General Talk thread) !?
Yup! My wife got me a beautifully illustrated hard cover book called; Space- The first 50 years. It's got a forward by Buzz Aldrin. I started on it last night.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Actually , I have been reading (along with the novel Monsoon) a book on the study of Veterinarian sciences and a great book on Fish health . I love my animals .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Yup! My wife got me a beautifully illustrated hard cover book called; Space- The first 50 years. It's got a forward by Buzz Aldrin. I started on it last night.
That's Brother Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin. Montclair Lodge No. 144, New Jersey. (thanks Wikipedia!)

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Met him once, nice man (and now I know one of the reasons).
I had an opportunity to meet him at Kennedy Space center here recently. Unfortunately he had to cancel the meet and greet for some reason. I'm glad, because After the fact, I found out that NASA charges $400 for his signature!

jaya

I had an opportunity to meet him at Kennedy Space center here recently. Unfortunately he had to cancel the meet and greet for some reason. I'm glad, because After the fact, I found out that NASA charges $400 for his signature!
That's a bargain. Government agencies have paid $5000 for a toilet seat.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
That's a bargain. Government agencies have paid $5000 for a toilet seat.
As much as I'd like the good Brother's autograph, I'm not giving NASA (the government) $400 for it. They get enough of my money already.

I only charge $47.33 for my signature and will let ya have the throne for only $82.53
I've got my own throne. :4-toilet:

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Does anyone read anything NOT Freemason related (seeing how this is the General Talk thread) !?
Well, it looks like next year I will be getting a few hours a week of reading in. Well, depending on how many meetings we have.

This months book list I will try and get through:
Raising Chickens for dummies.
Storey's Guide to raising turkeys
My normal magazines

that should keep my non-Masonic reading fairly busy.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
It being ski season, I receive 3 ski magazines a month from September to March, then there is reviewing the adaptive ski participant information (conditions, side effects, meds, spinal column structure, etc, etc, etc)

I am reading: For The Common Defense: A Military History of the United States of America for my American Military History class along with Traveling Light by Max Lucado