Which fits best???

Just curious as to what everyone think:

Does a liberal or conservative minded person fit better into the principles taught in Freemasonry?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
i agree. It's not about being liberal or conservative (my view changes on the topic) but it's about understanding. If you understand your boundaries, your faith and what you know you know, etc... you can make Upright, level and virtuous choices regarding your life.

jaya

There have been many men of both sides that were fremasons.

Show me a young man that is a conservative, and I will show you a man with no heart. Show me an old man that is a liberal and I will show you a man with no brain.

In the lodge, it does not matter what side of the political aisle you are on. It is up to you if you want to be a left wing psycho nut job or a gun toten, bible lovin' conservative. It really does not matter. I would say that my lodge does lean more to the right however.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I find I must agree with the Brothers who have posted so far on this topic (it really, really hurts to find myself agreeing with Gary, but there you have it. :1-wink-grin: ). Freemasonry is above politics. I am an old-fashioned, burned-out, late sixties hippie and part of the treasure of Freemasonry is that I can sit side-by-side with those wrong-minded, baby-eating, conservatives and take them by the hand in a spirit of true brotherhood. And I've learned some things, too: barbecued baby isn't half bad!

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I find I must agree with the Brothers who have posted so far on this topic (it really, really hurts to find myself agreeing with Gary, but there you have it. :1-wink-grin: ). Freemasonry is above politics. I am an old-fashioned, burned-out, late sixties hippie and part of the treasure of Freemasonry is that I can sit side-by-side with those wrong-minded, baby-eating, conservatives and take them by the hand in a spirit of true brotherhood. And I've learned some things, too: barbecued baby isn't half bad!
:1-pray::1-pray: HE"S IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!:confused::eek::eek: