Why not wear your lambskin apron to lodge?

Would you wear your lambskin to lodge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norse Master

Hello Brothers,
When I was given my lambskin at my raising to the sublime degree of Master Mason, I was told that I should store my apron to be used when I put down my working tools and pass on. This doesn't make sense to me as the apron is very nice when compared to the basic cloth ones that are provided at lodge. I asked around my lodge, and no one stated that they knew of any specific rule or guideline stating that we couldn't wear it, and if I wanted to I could go ahead and do it. After checking with my LEO and my WM, they both agreed that it would be ok to wear it. I hope to be appointed to the officer line in our December elections so it will be a mute point then, but I plan on wearing my lambskin till then.
Anybody know of any specific reason why I shouldn't?

Kalok

Hello Brothers,
When I was given my lambskin at my raising to the sublime degree of Master Mason, I was told that I should store my apron to be used when I put down my working tools and pass on. This doesn't make sense to me as the apron is very nice when compared to the basic cloth ones that are provided at lodge. I asked around my lodge, and no one stated that they knew of any specific rule or guideline stating that we couldn't wear it, and if I wanted to I could go ahead and do it. After checking with my LEO and my WM, they both agreed that it would be ok to wear it. I hope to be appointed to the officer line in our December elections so it will be a mute point then, but I plan on wearing my lambskin till then.
Anybody know of any specific reason why I shouldn't?
I can only speak for myself and Arizona Jurisdiction.

There is no official reason why you cannot wear your lambskin Apron to Lodge, however, the idea behind not wearing it to Lodge is to keep it pristine and white in order to have clean and white Apron when you pass on to the Celestial Lodge.

Although I am an Officer in my Lodge, I have also chosen to purchase an Apron that I wear when I visit other Lodges.

Hiram Fett

I do wear mine . I have seen Brothers never take it out of the tube after they get it and then its someone elese taking it out. Its when they have gone to the Lodge on High . Most of the time its so stiff it will not unroll or its dried out . I think its good to use it, At least to special events like degrees, GM,DDGM visits & Funerals. It should be worn! I have researched it off and on for over ten years and can find nothing that says dont wear it.

G

Gary

I won't be wearing my lambskin apron to Lodge. I have one that I wear (white leather), and will likely get some different ones down the road. I just need to find out what is allowable to wear in Florida if you aren't an officer or PM.

BTW- Nice aprons Jason. thanks for sharing the link.

Winter

I've been here before
Custom here, mostly, is that you wear that apron twice in your life. When you are raised and when you shuffle on. I always recomend to new Brothers to get a flat case for storing it and to make SURE that the family knows the wishes for it's use as part of the Masonic burial service.

I wear a lambskin apron at all meetings, and with so many nice aprons out there, I collect them like I do Masonic rings! lol

Here is one of my favorites. It is two-sided with the front white leather with Masonic symbolism in gold thread and the reverse is satin for a Lodge of Sorrow or funeral.

[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

Although, most of the members of Lodge get thier regalia here: www.thefreemason.com

Winter

I've been here before
Here's my regular Lodge apron. The silver Tau's instead of blue rosettes show that I am a PM.

[/url][/IMG]

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have members who wear the very same apron as above . I am debating on getting one also with a matching collar .

Winter

I've been here before
The colars that go with those aprons are for officers and they have distinct ones for PM's as well with a silver braid running the length of it. We wear those as well.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yes , a few PM have the collars and PM jewels . That is what I am debating on getting . I think my wife may put her foot down , once she buys my Master Mason apron for me , that I am not allowed to buy any more aprons .

Winter

I've been here before
Booooo! lol Tell her she can't have any more shoes if you can't have any more aprons!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Will Do ! But I don't think she let that fly . For some reason she thinks she is the boss and says being Worthy Patron doesn't work when we are at home !

G

Gary

Will Do ! But I don't think she let that fly . For some3reason she thinks she is the boss and says being Worthy Patron doesn't work when we are at home !
Yeah, but once a Devil Dog ALWAYS a Devil dog. Adapt and overcome!!! She'll give in... :p

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yeah, but once a Devil Dog ALWAYS a Devil dog. Adapt and overcome!!! She'll give in... :p
She can be scarier than any Drill Instructor I have ever met ! Plus , she has a Rolodex in her head that , when we are arguing , she can spin it to any and every thing I have ever done wrong and use it against me in her own court of marital law .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
She can be scarier than any Drill Instructor I have ever met ! Plus , she has a Rolodex in her head that , when we are arguing , she can spin it to any and every thing I have ever done wrong and use it against me in her own court of marital law .
I am beginning to think all women have that. Mine likes to make stuff up sometimes too.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Plus , she has a Rolodex in her head that , when we are arguing , she can spin it to any and every thing I have ever done wrong and use it against me in her own court of marital law .
Assuming this is a standard feature with all women... isn't it amazing how selective that Rolodex is when it comes to cataloging her wrongdoings? :rolleyes:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Assuming this is a standard feature with all women... isn't it amazing how selective that Rolodex is when it comes to cataloging her wrongdoings? :rolleyes:
I was just thinking that earlier ! If I DO bring something up , she says I am making it up .

pdobbins2

Past Master
My lodge furnishes white cotton aprons for the members and visitors.
We have about 30 that we keep separate for funerals. In NC, all Masons wear white aprons to a funeral.
I wear my PM apron to our stated meetings and degrees.
I worked hard for it and I earned it.