Wife Sees Husband's 2nd Wedding On Facebook

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
CLEVELAND -- Dread of the unknown hung in the air as Lynn France typed two words into the search box on Facebook: the name of the woman with whom she believed her husband was having an affair.

Click. And there it was, the stuff of nightmares for any spouse, cuckolded or not. Wedding photos. At Walt Disney World, no less, featuring her husband literally dressed as Prince Charming. His new wife, a pretty blonde, was a glowing Sleeping Beauty, surrounded by footmen.

"I was numb with shock, to tell you the truth," says France, an occupational therapist from Westlake, a Cleveland suburb. "There was like an album of 200 pictures on there. Their whole wedding."

Affairs were once shadowy matters, illicit encounters whispered about and often difficult to prove. But in the age of Facebook and Twitter and lightning-fast communication, the notion of privacy is fast becoming obsolete. From flirtatious text messages to incriminating e-mails, marital indiscretions are much easier to track - especially if potentially damaging photographic evidence is posted online.

more Wife Sees Husband's 2nd Wedding On Facebook - Technology News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

RickJ

Well of course they posted it on facebook- aren't you supposed to post everything there? Crazy! I bet she is way better off without the loser anyway!

Rick

Oh good Gravy! I would be dead in 10 seconds after my wife saw that! If I or my wife ever decided we didn't want to be together anymore, I would hope that we would be adult enough to discuss it with each other and part ways. Any marital partner that would go out on the other one would go out on the one they went to from the previous relationship.

Georgetown

And I thought I was having a bad day!! I'm not a woman, but I still feel sorry for her. She has all the right and all the proof to take him for everything he's got, and then some.

Freewilly

Yes, I am sorry for her (Lynn and not the Sleeping Beauty, unless the woman didn't know the marital status of the man she's married to). I don't know if Facebook is a blessing or a curse.

lavins

That does seem like a horrible idea but it just shows that people will in fact post anything there, and no one still pays any attention to the privacy settings.

Tom

Some people are so dumb! I can't believe he would try to get away with this and knowingly allow his "new" wife to post pictures on Facebook of all places. My whole family including my grandpa and parents are all on Facebook and it would destroy my family. I love my wife and children and would not even think of adultery, so sad that people do and I hope the judge throws the book at him!

Tensolator

I know a divorcee' who's wife didn't find out about the end of their marriage until she read about it in the legal section of the paper. Not as dramatic as Facebook, but just as cowardly.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have never posted anything on my wall on Facebook , I only used it to find old Marine Corps buddies , and since I have found who I have been looking for I do not go on it anymore . But I have heard of people getting in trouble for what they posted on their walls . A few have been fired from their jobs , and in the case of this idiot , broke up marriages .

johnny

My wife once told me a story about a guy she was dating and they only went out a couple times a month. Then about 6 months in she got a call from his pregnant fiance saying she wanted to meet up and really catch this guy in the act. She did not go along with the scheme, but did put the guy in his place.

intent

Poor thing

I feel so bad for that poor woman to see such a thing like that. I do hope that this man gets what he deserves for being so dishonest and hurtful to other people.

sukie

It never fails to amaze me what people post on Facebook. It's like they cannot exist without it in every aspect of their lives. I use it to keep in touch with friends and family and to see family photos and play games but even some of my young relatives seem to live their lives via FB, posting an argument with their partners blow by blow as it happens!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Oh , I have seen that also . It blows my mind what people post on their Facebook walls , even the most inane things such as what they had for dinner . My brother and his pyscho ex-wife are going at it . Well , she is , he had to get a lawyer and go after her and Facebook over slander because Facebook refused to do anything about it even though it goes against their user rules . All they care about is ad revenue and if they removed her account they would lose a few cents a day .

dax

That just goes to show us that Facebook actually helped someone catch his/her better half who's cheating, that is if their target's profile was set to public thus forgetting how to edit their privacy settings.