Women

littlecat123

Is there an adult women's club? I saw that there is Rainbow for girls and Job's Daughters for young women -- is there any "branch" or part for adult women?

SageMother

I have an aunt who is a member of the Eastern Star. I had no idea that it was open to all religions. Is it open to all "spiritual paths" as well?

By that I mean those beliefs that do not imply dogma or directives for personal behavior or belief.

harmony_mom

I actually didn't realize that there were branches of free masonry that accepted women at all. I was under the impression that free masonry was a strictly patriarchal organization. I actually find it a relief that this society has a place for women.

ninikins

I agree. For me its not so much a relief as it is a sense of normality :) so many people like me think that women are not part of freemasonry.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
There are others out there as well

The order of the amaranth is also another branch in which the women may join. I am not 100% positive, but I do believe there are regulations to the joining of eastern star. I believe that someone in the womans immediate family must be a member of blue lodge. Please forgive me if this is not 100% accurate.
Hope this would give you another avenue to explore if you wish to pursue it. My mother had joined both the Amaranth and the Eastern Star when my father joined the blue lodge.

Shawn T. Zell
P.M. #232

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I know this an old thread , but I would like to also like to add the " The Order of The White Shrine of Jerusalem " . Those who may join the Order are as follows ,
"Membership in the Order of the White Shrine of Jerusalem consists of ladies who have a relationship through birth, marriage or legal adoption to a Master Mason in good standing or who was in good standing at the time of his death in some regular Masonic Lodge, or Master Masons in good and regular standing and who have no restraining factors placed on them by their specific Grand Lodge, as well as members either active for three years or majority of the Internation Order of Rainbow for Girls or Job's Daughters Internation who have attained the age of eighteen (18) years of age. Petitions for membership, based on Rainbow or Job's Daughters membership, shall include a recommendation signed by a Master Mason in Good Standing ".

Hediru

The order of the amaranth is also another branch in which the women may join. I am not 100% positive, but I do believe there are regulations to the joining of eastern star. I believe that someone in the womans immediate family must be a member of blue lodge. Please forgive me if this is not 100% accurate.
Hope this would give you another avenue to explore if you wish to pursue it. My mother had joined both the Amaranth and the Eastern Star when my father joined the blue lodge.

Shawn T. Zell
P.M. #232
I am a member of Eastern Star and am willing to answer any questions that you may have. There are regulations on women joining.
You must be: a wife, sister, mother, daughter, granddaughter, niece... (I can't remember all of the familial requirements, but I'll get back to you. I think its within 2 generations or something like that) of a Master Mason in good standing or who was in good standing at the time of his death
OR
a Majority Member of Rainbow Girls, and a Past Worthy Advisor (this was added after Rainbow started allowing girls without Masonic relations to join)

Hope that helps!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer

Shawn T. Zell
P.M. #232
Star requires either: an ancestor who was a Mason, OR their husband has to be a Master Mason. MMs and their wifes can both join Star.