Working Tools

thebrianmo

I was just curious if any of you have your own set of working tools and if so where did you obtain them? I've seen a few gift sets on various sites but that's about it thus far.

edwmax

Mine is a set of Stanley tools. They work were well too. ... One of my rules is 300 ft. I can schedule up to 150 days in advance. .... :) ....

edwmax

Now, maybe my wife will get me one tho's fancy little miniature silver plated sets for next Christmas. .... :) ....

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
THe only thing about the gift sets that I have seen is that they are small, they would be hard to 'work' with.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Now, maybe my wife will get me one tho's fancy little miniature silver plated sets for next Christmas. .... :) ....
I would like to find a set made of wood, near to full size, but the few I've seen were too expensive.

S&F

Ofotherworlds

My mentor, who works for the Grand Lodge of Ohio, uses an operative common gavel as a doorstop! He also has an impressive collection of antique symbolic working tools, jewels, rituals, and the like on display in his office.

CoachN

Builder Builder
One of my Lodge Brothers and I are making life-size tools out of wood to be used in the three degrees. The only one that has a significant amount of metal in its design is the Trowel.

We've made a TFIG and a CG so far. The FC tools are next.

Ofotherworlds

One of my Lodge Brothers and I are making life-size tools out of wood to be used in the three degrees. The only one that has a significant amount of metal in its design is the Trowel.

We've made a TFIG and a CG so far. The FC tools are next.
The operative common gavel my mentor owns has a metal head, not a wooden one. I'm not sure when operative masons switched from using common gavels with wooden heads to metal ones.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Me either. We made ours out of wood not so much to use it on stone but to have it look a bit beefier to the EAs coming through.

Those little girly-mon size tools just didn't cut it for me and him. We wanted the EAs coming through to at least experience a visual that was more impactful than what was currently presented.

I wanted to make it double size but there is such a thing as overkill.