WOW - Just invested as an Officer!

Hello all!

At my lodge's last regular meeting I was invested as the Lodge Chaplain. The English Constitution and the Scottish Constitution here in New Zealand don't place a huge amount of emphasis on the office of Chaplain but the New Zealand Constitution sees the Chaplains role as rather important so I was really amazed to be appointed to such a position so soon after being raised. I think it is because in the day to day world I am an Anglican (Episcopalian) Minister. The real shock though, was that the next day we having an emergency meeting to raise one of number to MM and I was expected to do the Chaplains part! It was good though and I really enjoyed my first meeting taking an active role in the lodge.

As is the custom my picture was taken after being invested and I attach it for your humour!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Congratulations on becoming Chaplain... In my lodge, the Chaplain doesn't pay dues. Perhaps you should ask about that.

gnarledrose

My first chair was Chaplain; I'm also working on becoming a professional chaplain, so it was nice to wear the title as an undergrad. :D Chaplain is a preferred seat for a lot of Masons I've talked to. You get a speaking part, a Marshal to lead you around like your own personal Deacon, and NONE of the responsibility and work of the rest of the officer's line! :cool: