Wwyd? Q3

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
You are walking in the mall during the holidays and you find sit down on a bench to take a rest. When you go to get up, you look over at a planter and see an envelop. You walk over and pick it up, only to find out there is $500 in the envelop. What do you do?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
As tempting as it would be to keep it I would turn it into the police (not the mall office or security , believe me I know many who work at my local mall ) . You never know , that could have been someone's life savings .

I know if I lost that much money , I would hope an honest person would find it . But that is hoping for to much these days .

As tempting as it would be to keep it I would turn it into the police (not the mall office or security , believe me I know many who work at my local mall ) . You never know , that could have been someone's life savings .

I know if I lost that much money , I would hope an honest person would find it . But that is hoping for to much these days .
Ditto....

About 18 years ago, I found a wallet that had $200 in it and an id.... I didnt turn it over to the police but I did track the owner down and return it..... He was younger than me and totally surprised to get it back....with the money. I told him just to remember the honesty and good fortune he experienced should he ever find himself in such a situation as I was in.....

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Turn it in. I know what it like to lose your wallet with a good amount of money in it. I got it back two months later and empty. Kinda ruin my entire year fiscally.

FF Sparky

If your at the mall and find it, I would sit there for a bit first to see if anyone was walking around looking for it. Then report it to the mall security and leave my name and contact info so it can be retrieved if they went to the security office.

If nothing within a couple weeks then I think I would maybe donate it to a good cause. I wouldn't use it for my self.