Wwyd? Q8

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
You are traveling through the jungle and you come across a small village run by a military commandant. They have captured ten members of another village who they are at war with. The commandant tells you that are an honored visitor and if you kill one Indian, the lives of the other nine will be spared. If you refuse, all ten will be shot.

jaya

Neither myself nor my country is at battle with either side. I would tell the commandant that as an honored visitor I do not wish to interfere in the affairs of his tribe. Not knowing the specifics of the war would hamper me in making a decision.

H

Hank

Sorry lads,
maybe I spoke too quickly.
Which village has the bigger lotto jackpot?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Back on topic

I'd have to say that I would try my best to avoid the situation. Now when it comes down to it. If I can't bypass this, or avoid it, the life of a few...

I say that now but in the situation I would probably shoot the wrong people out of a translation error.

H

Hank

In all seriousness,
the best way to avoid killing any village indians would be to do the invisible trick,
maybe then they would ponder the mysteries of life instead of trying to anihilate each other, and then they could all live happily ever after.
They might even join their lotto jackpots together and have one big pot for the two villages and then they could become a town.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
We had something like that in the village I graduated from. Two villages, on had the canal and one had the post office. Best thing I learned about in Freshman history!!!