Xbox 360 gamers

Winter

I've been here before
I hear Battlefield 3 Blows Modern Warfare away.
BF3 is definitely a different style of gameplay. Larger maps (way bigger) with many more variables in the shape of character kit options and upgrades, vehicles (jets, helos, tanks, jeeps, boats) as well as emplaced positions and longer games allow for more strategy and tactics than CoD. Add to this some game types that really require strategy and teamwork to accomplish. If you try to play it like CoD and are just sprinting towards the action every time, you will not do well and the game will not be very fun. Study the kits and make maximum use of the special abilities and equipment they have to offer and play them accordingly. The trick is finding a team that all think that way using different kits that all support the team in a different way.

There are some aspects I don't like about it. For one, explosives are WAY under-powered. From grenades to tanks this is an issue that a lot of people are complaining about and the folks at Dice will hopefully address.

Another annoying aspect, to me and many others, is that when a game is done you cannot back out of the lobby until the next game has started. Only then does it give you the option to quit. Nor can you tweak your kit in between games. Like I said, annoying, but hopefully there is a fix coming with the next patch update.

So, yes, in many respects, BF3 blows MW3 out of the water. Especially in breadth of gameplay and options. So if you're looking for a quick, easy to play FPS then CoD is for you. If you want to sink your teeth into a game that has a steeper learning curve with many more options then I fully recommend BF3.

Me? I play both depending on my mood. ;)

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Just got a 360 for Christmas. :)

Oddly, I'm not much more than a recreational gamer, but you couldn't tell by the systems I have hooked up. On the big living room TV is a Wii, PS2 and the 360. On the small TV I keep in the study just for gaming, there's an N64 and the original NES.

Keep meaning to replace my old Genesis, then I'd have every console system I've ever had. Jungle Strike and Urban Strike were years ahead of their time.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Sparky, I let my wife play Oblivion (the one before Skyrim) and she has boycotted my MW3. She loves that game. I was kicked out of the room so she could play in peace.

Johnny.

XBL name - tr4cer407

I usually just play MW3: domination, drop zone, and the occasional team death match. I have a tight knit squad and 95% of the time we dominate the other team. I'm the "lowest" one of the group with a K/D of .82 The rest are 1.XX or 2.XX...lol

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
XBL name - tr4cer407

I usually just play MW3: domination, drop zone, and the occasional team death match. I have a tight knit squad and 95% of the time we dominate the other team. I'm the "lowest" one of the group with a K/D of .82 The rest are 1.XX or 2.XX...lol
My TDM K/D is a 1.02 or something and I'm the lowest in my clan. My overall KD is a .9 something or other. Adding you soon.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Bit the bullet and purchased a new 4gb 360 Slim . To save myself a 100 bucks on the 250 gb console , I just tore my old HDD apart from my dead 360 , took out the hard drive and slipped the hard drive into the new 360 Slim .