Yesterday was a good day

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
At 3:45pm we went in front of a Judge and got the adoption approved. The Judge gave my daughter a teddy bear with its own adoption papers, stickers, a coloring book, and crayons. It took maybe 10 minutes.

After we had some family and friends come over and had some hamburgers and hot dogs that night, and celebrated. Not to bad for a 3rd Birthday Present.

We should get the birth certificate in a few weeks, and we can change the name at her school and elsewhere.

Now if we can just get James to come out.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats Jason, as well as your Wife and daughter. Great to read, and know that the best things are coming together! As for your son, don't worry he'll be here soon enough, and then the FUN begins. Just kidding, I loved that time, but gotta admit, glad my kids are done with bottles, diapers, cribs, and they dress themselves too (doesn't seem like much, but it really is). Just making a little fun of it all. Congrats again.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Thank you all.

@BG_TRBL I want him to come because the wife is on bed rest. I'm trying to put our new house together, do the yard work, take care of my daughter, take her to school and pick her up, and run a business. I'm exhausted. Sadly, it may be a c-section, which means more bed rest after James comes.

Thankfully I have a few really good friends and family members who have come over to help from time to time.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Well, Florida doesn't sound too bad actually :D What's the going rate for a Nanny in today's market? My wife had the c-section(s) also, she was in hospital for 2 days, then home (no bed rest though). I was just working, working, working, trying to do all the things you are (minus the business) just my job. It'll all work out I have no doubt. With the bedrest, is she having a rough pregnancy? Hope all is well with her!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well, Florida doesn't sound too bad actually :D What's the going rate for a Nanny in today's market? My wife had the c-section(s) also, she was in hospital for 2 days, then home (no bed rest though). I was just working, working, working, trying to do all the things you are (minus the business) just my job. It'll all work out I have no doubt. With the bedrest, is she having a rough pregnancy? Hope all is well with her!
Florida really is not that bad. We have a long growing season, although the summer heat is really bad and will kill a lot of veggies. But with a pool the heat is managable.

Not sure what the going rate for a nanny is. I'm not sure if her Mother in Law, or her sister-in-laws will be helping or not. None of them hold jobs, so I'm not sure if they will be over to help.

I'm surprised no bed rest. With her daughter she was not allowed to drive for about two weeks, and was told to take it easy for a month until it healed.

She is on bed rest now I think due the size of the child, and she was getting dizzy a lot. She had to take iron pills I think it was to help with the dizziness.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Jason, certainly glad that there is no problems with the pregnancy. To clarify what I said, my wife was on maternity leave for the 8 weeks after, but without true restrictions. She was told to take it easy, and not lift too much and protect the incision (use a pillow held tight to stomach if coughing) and things like that. Hopefully she will feel better with the iron pills, and rest. Best to you and your wife :)