You know you've done your Work as a MM...

G

Gary

When you walk into a Lodge as a visitor, pull out two pieces of PVC pipe and a piece of garden hose and proceed to WOW the brothers...

Our very own Brother Nagy graced my Lodge with his presence tonight. He not only provided his usual creative and cheerful music for us, but also served as our guest Masonic Education speaker.

Let me tell you folks, you ain't lived until you watch a man use common garden implements to describe the EA & FC symbolism and work. Three simple pieces used as props assisted this brother in providing a visual for topics/ concepts that would make smoke come out of your ears! Yep, even with the props, I smelled smoke in the room, but it was only due to the gears turning in other brothers heads.

I had heard many of the things he spoke of before because we had talked about them previously, but to "see" the concepts demonstrated really drove things home.

Thanks to him, I'll never look at Masonic Education two dimensionally again.

I'll leave the details of the Education for Bro. Nagy to discuss if he so wishes, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. It's just enlightening to see that the work we should be doing can be explained in such a way...

Mentors... Ya gotta love em! :D

G

Gary

And then some. It was nice to see a table full of Brothers talking with him after the Lodge meeting. he proceeded to grab a simple piece of paper and give another lesson! He's living proof that you can teach older masters new tricks... ;)

I really need to learn to use props when I do Masonic Education. I have to give the next lesson at our next stated. He's a tough act to follow but definitely an inspiration.

I am sure you will do fine.......if you want to be good, you need to watch and learn from those that are good....I was FL was closer...

G

Gary

When and if you finally make it down here, I'll make sure you get to meet Bro. Nagy. He's a lot of fun to talk to. Not only is he a knowledgeable Mason, I consider him a good friend too.

Zack

"The Amazing Dr. Nagy."
I was there and when I saw 2 pieces of pvc and a "hula hoop" I thought ...well I don't know what I thought but it wouldn't have done it justice.
I was sitting with 2 younger Bros and they were both very interested and attentive. A good omen?
Wish there had been more time but it was a busy night.