Your floor

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
My lodge has carpet with no checkered pattern. The idea of getting a new carpet with the tessellated border and the star in the center has been brought up and discussed in lodge.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I put on the Fellowcraft Winding Staircase lecture on in my lodge . We have no checkered pattern neither so I took a piece of luan plywood sub floor , took some of the black and white checkered linoleum tiles I had left over from our kitchen and made my own checkered pavement for the lecture . When not in use I put it in front of the SW station . It looks great between the two pillars in the West .

manfernandez

Do you have carpet, wood, tile? Is it in a checkered pattern?
We have carpet, no padding (commercial) which is good. I have been to lodges that need to put wood next to the rods so they are audible when they are grounded. As for the design, we had planned to cut out the carpet and install 8x8 tiles in the pattern, also buy or make a cover for the light above to have a star shape to illuminate the floor. Since the economy is a little tight right now, we shelved the project til next year.

G

Gary

Ours is carpeted with the Eastern Star in the center. I've been to Jason's Lodge to see an EA degree recently, and they have a very nice Lodge!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Ours is carpeted with the Eastern Star in the center. I've been to Jason's Lodge to see an EA degree recently, and they have a very nice Lodge!
Did you, which one? Was it for my Brother? I know we had a few new people there.

I may be visiting yours more often. Looking at houses up by county line next month. Trying to stay close to my Lodge, but not much down here in the way of land.

G

Gary

It was a couple of weekends ago. If memory serves me correctly, One was initiated for your Lodge and there was a couple from Palm Harbor I believe. Three total for the degree.

The lecture was amazing. The group I was with asked where the lecture would take place, and we chose our seating right behind the candidates. I've heard it done several times before, but not like that.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Yup, I bet that was my brother. Him and his boss went through, and then something from Sutherland Lodge I believe was with them. Yes Brother Eichner does a great job. He really has put some passion into it. I believe he went up to your Lodge recently for a lecture.

G

Gary

Actually he did the lecture at Brotherhood Lodge in SpringHill/Brooksville. I aspire to give lectures like that someday. He really is remarkable.

I was sure to stop and talk with him and tell him so.