2 Fast track or not 2 fast track......

manfernandez

Good day Brothers,

As some of you may know, I was raised last week. I am going to do my proficiency in MM as soon as I can. Our instructor has expressed to us that we need to be MM for 6 months or have finished the Proficiency in order to attend the Scottish Rite 2 dayer. Is this normal? I was told that you show up and the next day you are 32 degree SR.

I have read in some places that folks look down on the "fast track". I know that was the case with my lodge. Someone had asked about the one day MM degree, we will NOT do it.

Is this normal with the SR? I know that YR is not.

Fraternally,

Bro Manny

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have not set time period that a Mason has to spend as a Master Mason before joining another body . He can go the day after he was Raised and become a SR Mason .

I have never seen nor heard of going through the Scottish Rite degrees other than a one or two day Reunion . Not saying that it's not done though and I am sure someone out there confers all the degrees of the SR . In my Valley , only 5 degrees are mandentory to be confered , the rest are communicated . Even some York Rite bodies have one or two day Festivals for all the degrees . Just this Sat. we put on our first ever YR festival . All degrees were confered and it was a long and hectic day ,and I am not sure we will ever do it again .

We do not have One Day Classes to become Master Masons in my state . Though I do not agree with ODC , I will not look down on them . I know Men who went the traditional way and never set foot in a Lodge after they were Raised and I know Master Masons who went through one day classes and have become active members in their Lodges and are great Freemasons .

manfernandez

RE: 2 Fast Track or NOT 2 Fast Track

Thank you brother for you quick response.

We have not set time period that a Mason has to spend as a Master Mason before joining another body . He can go the day after he was Raised and become a SR Mason .
I was told that the SR requires it, not the Blue Lodge. At any rate, I want to do my proficiency anyhow.

I have never seen nor heard of going through the Scottish Rite degrees other than a one or two day Reunion . Not saying that it's not done though and I am sure someone out there confers all the degrees of the SR .
Oh, OK! I was not sure if that was normal. Apparently it is. I was not sure if that was just something in my area.

In my Valley , only 5 degrees are mandentory to be confered , the rest are communicated . Even some York Rite bodies have one or two day Festivals for all the degrees . Just this Sat. we put on our first ever YR festival . All degrees were confered and it was a long and hectic day ,and I am not sure we will ever do it again .

YR sounds appealing to me. I will surely look into it. I do not want to extend myself too much because I would like to get in line @ my lodge.

We do not have One Day Classes to become Master Masons in my state . Though I do not agree with ODC , I will not look down on them . I know Men who went the traditional way and never set foot in a Lodge after they were Raised and I know Master Masons who went through one day classes and have become active members in their Lodges and are great Freemasons .
Great point Brother. We started our EA class with six and out of those six, only 4 went through. This appears to have occurred in other EA classes as we picked some up.

Once again, thank you for you comments and advice.

Fraternally,

Bro Manny

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Some SR Valley/Orients may require a time limit , ours does not . Most of the time , when a new Brother has been Raised , there are Shriners and those in the Scottish Rite shoving petitions in their faces before they even had the chance to let the ink dry on the new MM's dues card . Our YR bodies tend to let them come to us and do very little advertising . We make one announcement every Fall that we will start putting on the degrees for each body and that is it .

By all means take your time to enjoy and learn all you can on the Blue Lodge first . I waited a year before I went inot the YR , then quiet a few years to go into the SR . They will still be there when you are ready .

manfernandez

Some SR Valley/Orients may require a time limit , ours does not . Most of the time , when a new Brother has been Raised , there are Shriners and those in the Scottish Rite shoving petitions in their faces before they even had the chance to let the ink dry on the new MM's dues card . Our YR bodies tend to let them come to us and do very little advertising . We make one announcement every Fall that we will start putting on the degrees for each body and that is it .

By all means take your time to enjoy and learn all you can on the Blue Lodge first . I waited a year before I went inot the YR , then quiet a few years to go into the SR . They will still be there when you are ready .
Thanks you brother.