7 Dead in Shooting at Sikh Temple

Winter

I've been here before
This happened right near where I lived in Milwaukee. It was very sad to see. I have nothing bad to say about any of the members of the Sikh community that I have come into contact with. I have always found them to be very polite and outgoing. That a person would walk into a Temple, a place where people go to strengthen their connection with G-d, and commit such an atrocious act of violence breaks my heart. I wouldn't wish that kind of tragedy on anyone, but what makes them choose such a place instead of, say, the headquarters of the local criminal street gang?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
This happened right near where I lived in Milwaukee. It was very sad to see. I have nothing bad to say about any of the members of the Sikh community that I have come into contact with. I have always found them to be very polite and outgoing. That a person would walk into a Temple, a place where people go to strengthen their connection with G-d, and commit such an atrocious act of violence breaks my heart. I wouldn't wish that kind of tragedy on anyone, but what makes them choose such a place instead of, say, the headquarters of the local criminal street gang?
It was an act of terrorism, the shooter is a alleged skinhead. That said, a temple is a much softer target than the street gang HQ, most people, in this country, don't go to worship armed, whereas the street gang is more likely to be prepared for an attack.

Winter

I've been here before
The comment was more directed to the idea that if they have to go kill random unsuspecting people, couldn't they at least do society a favor at the same time. I realize the difference in targets. ;)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Street gangs are not seen as the 'enemy' as readily, for a hate crime, were as people with different appearances or beliefs saddly often are.