A/C

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I remember back in the day when we had no A/C in our house . We were used to it and knew no different . But now....

My central air went out night before last and the heat is maddening . It is an electrical problem that I am tracking down , but it is slow going . It looks like I may have to rewire my thermostat wiring as there seems to be a short in it somewhere as it keeps blowing the 5 amp fuse on the control board . Well , hopefully it is the wiring and not the control board itself as they are not cheap .

Winter

I've been here before
Growing up in Florida, even when we had A/C we never used it. (Too expensive) Now I love the heat and it never gets warm enough for me here in the midwest. Even when I have A/C and can afford it, I don't use it! lol Thanks mom!

Growing up in Florida, even when we had A/C we never used it. (Too expensive) Now I love the heat and it never gets warm enough for me here in the midwest. Even when I have A/C and can afford it, I don't use it! lol Thanks mom!
Thanks Right Guard too...LOL:D:eek::p

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I hate the heat , between serving in the field in the middle of summer in the Carolinas , working the fields on the farm and walking steel barges loaded with coal where the heat radiates from it like furnaces I have come to loathe hot summer days . I can put on more clothes to get warmer , but society frowns on walking around naked , and with me , no one needs to see that .

Winter

I've been here before
I thrive in 97 degree heat with 100% humidity! LOL I know, I'm a very strange man.

A/C....... to scratch-n-sniff undies in just two pages....I AM IMPRESSED......not with the idea of the undies....that is kinda disturbing:eek:....

G

Gary

Yup.... That pushed this conversation into the crapper for sure. :p

So, er... Ashlar, do you at least have ceiling fans to help circulate the air?

Winter

I've been here before
A customer was continually bothering the waiter in a restaurant; first, he'd asked that the air conditioning be turned up because he was too hot, then he asked it be turned down cause he was too cold, and so on for about half an hour. Surprisingly, the waiter was very patient, he walked back and forth and never once got angry. So finally, a second customer asked him why he didn't throw out the pest.

"Oh I don't care." said the waiter with a smile. "We don't even have an air conditioner."

YEA Ashlar...since this is all your fault we have been discussing scratch-n-sniff undie, do ya have fan for any relief....does the Lodge have A/C....that would be another good reason to go there.....

Winter

I've been here before
Oh, I'm just getting "warmed" up here! Hahahahaha I'm pretty sure his first post mentioned squirrels.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Luckily I found the problem with no need of rewiring . I started inside the basement and worked my way , inch by inch , tracing the thermostat wire looking for breaks to the outdoor unit and found that the contacts for thermostat wiring was gummed up by a slew of dead insects . I cleaned up the contacts and bingo SWEET , SWEET air conditioning .