A/C

Well congrats on the A/C....

Winter...... for some odd reason, I dont doubt you could continue with this topic in a multitude of ways.....any young squirrel would be in awe of your abilities

G

Gary

Well congrats on the A/C....

Winter...... for some odd reason, I dont doubt you could continue with this topic in a multitude of ways.....any young squirrel would be in awe of your abilities
Both of you earn the "Golden Spoon" award. You can stir up more crap in a couple of posts than most do in weeks of discussion. :D

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
I have no real problem with any temperature. Some winters ago it hit -14F and I drove to clinic with my window half-down since it got stuck. I also was at work on a construction job the day Toledo hit its record- 7/31/99 was 105F.

Heat and cold don't bother me much, but AC is nice simply for air movement. Our wimpy single window unit can't do much more than that.

Both of you earn the "Golden Spoon" award. You can stir up more crap in a couple of posts than most do in weeks of discussion. :D
My skills were being honed in the sacred hall of such grand edifices that house the mighty chariots I have piloted to a bounty of infernos and other such calamities......AND now, I feel, I have been inducted into the PhD program for further studies. :D:p

G

Gary

Shouldn't that be a "brown spoon?"
Nope. It's a golden spoon because you have demonstrated superior proficiency! :p

My skills were being honed in the sacred hall of such grand edifices that house the mighty chariots I have piloted to a bounty of infernos and other such calamities......AND now, I feel, I have been inducted into the PhD program for further studies. :D:p
<insert Darth Vader voice> Impressive. Most impressive. :cool:

jaya

Why do people join a forum, cut and paste useless information UNRELATED to a topic in threads and leave. With a name like Ferris Buller I would expect no less.....o_O

H

Hank

AC milan are no good anyway.
Furbo reserves, now thats a team!
Google that Ferris.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I remember back in the day when we had no A/C in our house . We were used to it and knew no different . But now....

My central air went out night before last and the heat is maddening . It is an electrical problem that I am tracking down , but it is slow going . It looks like I may have to rewire my thermostat wiring as there seems to be a short in it somewhere as it keeps blowing the 5 amp fuse on the control board . Well , hopefully it is the wiring and not the control board itself as they are not cheap .
I know this is a bit old, but, to continue the thread.....now mine went out and I'm pretty sure I need a new unit. Here in CA we have special requirements and I think I am looking at 10 grand.........ugh. ugh. ugh.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Have mercy , 10 grand !! My A/C unit gets worked like a dog in this very old house of mine . I have had several a few repairs done since I posted last . New thermostat and wiring and the last one ... I had to replace one of the valve stems on the outdoor unit . One of the stems went bad and bled off most all of my coolant . This was in the dead of winter so I had to run it on emergency heat for a couple of days till my A/C man could come over to recharge it .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I know this is a bit old, but, to continue the thread.....now mine went out and I'm pretty sure I need a new unit. Here in CA we have special requirements and I think I am looking at 10 grand.........ugh. ugh. ugh.
That is crazy. I had to change out one of my units, which also means the handler, changed thermostats at the same time and was maybe half of that.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Yeah, it should be half of that, and it may be IF I can find someone who will install a Type 31 freon unit. CA banned them and they are hard to find. The type CA allows is double the price and less efficient. I think I may have someone who can get an out of state unit, for $4-5 k.