Accident

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
The boys basketball team, from the school I work for, was returning from a team camp in Kearney, was involved in an accident yesterday afternoon. A pickup crossed the centerline and hit the van they were traveling in head on. The first year head coach (24 years old) and 14th year assistant coach (38 years old) were killed, as was the driver (70 years old) of the pickup. The 8 players in the van with them were all hospitalized, 3 were treated and released 1 is supposed to be released today and the other4 will remain hospitalized for a time. There was a community prayer session in the town square this AM and it was very well attended.

Say a prayer for the people & families involved.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
The boys basketball team, from the school I work for, was returning from a team camp in Kearney, was involved in an accident yesterday afternoon. A pickup crossed the centerline and hit the van they were traveling in head on. The first year head coach (24 years old) and 14th year assistant coach (38 years old) were killed, as was the driver (70 years old) of the pickup. The 8 players in the van with them were all hospitalized, 3 were treated and released 1 is supposed to be released today and the other4 will remain hospitalized for a time. There was a community prayer session in the town square this AM and it was very well attended.

Say a prayer for the people & families involved.
Brother my heartfelt prayers have been sent to the GAOTU

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
An unfortunate reminder that, "...we too, are mortal..."

My heart aches for the injured and the loved ones of the dead.

S&F

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Keep us updated on how they progress. I will wish them a safe and speedy recovery.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
5 of the 8 boys have been released from the hospital. 2 of them (broken elbow and leg on the first, and 2 broken legs on the second) should be released sometime this week. The 3rd one has a severe head trauma and had been put in a medically induced coma, he has been brought out and has been responding to what the Dr. has asked him to do -- squeezing his hand and moving his legs. It seems as if most of the boys will make a physical recovery rather quickly.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
The young man with the head trauma has been transferred to Madonna (a rehab facility) in Lincoln. He is making progress and seems to be doing as well as can be expected at this time.