Allergic to horseflies!

sukie

My poor sister in law has been bitten so many times by horseflies this Summer she is covered in patches of gauze. She went to the doctors for antibiotics for the latest swelling and, as she was getting out of her car she was bitten on the stomach by one that flew up her top! How unlucky can you get?

Georgetown

That is unlucky. It's one thing to get bitten by them a lot, but it's another when they start going out of their way to get you.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have only been bitten by horseflies a couple of times in all my times working around my horses and cattle on our farm , but have never been bitten repeatedly as she has . Seems there is something about her they like .

sukie

I told her that it must be her deodorant that they like. I mean, my husband and I have been outside just as much as she has and neither of us has been bitten. None of our neighbours seem to be bothered either so it has to be something on her that is attracting them.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Could be . Perfume , deodorant or lotions may be the culprit . I may have not have been bitten much because I have always used Skin-So-Soft to keep the mosquitoes and gnats of me .