Almost finished it

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
So while the wife was away visiting a sick relative, I managed to get some of the big projects done. Almost got them all done before she got back. But the ceilings are now painted, along with the crown modeling in the kitchen, the door that goes to the kitchen, and some touch up work on the walls so there is no longer a hole. I even managed to get the floor put down (wood laminate, snap down). But I missed the work in the kitchen walls, and a little bit of molding to put down. It was a nice surprise for her though.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Congrats Jason, sounds like you've been busy. Hope the wife's relative is doing better.

Mortarfan

I've been plugging at things a little at a time too. I got the closets hoed out took a bunch of stuff to the Salvation Army. I have little things to do still. I have a pile of e-bay items that I need to list and then ripping apart the whole kitchen!

JohnQ

My to do list just seems to get longer and longer. We are going to retile our kitchen and then off to paint the outward facing closet doors. Wish I could say I can't wait but I'd be lying!

freeman

Every year it seems that we start a new project of somekind, get about half way done and then run out of something so put it on hold. Unfortunately most of those are still on hold years later.... we need some of your ambition.

alice30

nice job

It sounds like you are getting lots done. That is wonderful. I have to do something with my kitchen cabinets. They are awful, they were painted white once and look bad now. Do you think I could paint them again?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well it was all done last year, but thanks. I might try to scrape the old paint off before repainting them again. I've seen people with rentals paint the cabinets several times. The renters never seemed to complain, but it did not look the greatest.