Anti masonry web sites

wolfbrau

I investigated freemasonry for about 3 years before joining. What took so long was all the anti-masonry material available both online and among church friends. Among the reasons for me concluding that the bad was nonsence was that:
1 I was to believe people who broke their oaths to spill the beans. They are self confessed liars and as Confucious said, "no one believes a liar, even if he's telling the truth".
2 My Father and Uncles were Masons
3 The People I knew who were Masons were respectable
4 Seeing the Masonic symbols throughout the Cathedral in Cologne sealed my decision

I especially love the part where "most Masons don't even know....it is only revealed to the higher degrees." How did they come across this SECRET[/I ]knowledge?

What about anyone else?

Attachments

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
As I researched Freemasonry, I found that too many "good" people were known to be Masons. If FM was truly what the anti-FM sites says it is, there would not be such a great number of "respectable" people admitting to be Masons. Take George Washington, if he was a Mason and being a Mason was a bad thing, it would have been erased from history or more recently, George Bush, why would anyone in the public eye (aka news media) admit to being a member of a society that is at its root evil?

I have many friends who asked why I was joining "that cult", most of them had a father who was a Mason, who overly kept his OB and didn't talk about Freemasonry at all.

Here is where as modern Free and Accepted Masons that we can change that view. As the EA exam asks: What of this can you tell others? All of it!, except for the modes of recognition.

I was speaking to a friend at work the other day and mentioned Masonry, her Dad was a Mason, but he TALKED about it to her and his family. She talked fondly of finding his Mason books and asking what the letters were. See the difference? She was not turned off by FM, she talked about how much fun she had at Jobies.

Azpir8king

I tend to ignore them and had throughout the entire process of being an Initiate to being Raised. Tinfoil hat types and a few crazy Christian fundaMENTAList Cousins of mine (I call them Fun-D's and the D stands for a male body part) have convinced me I made the right decision. Those people being against it is actually a rousing endorsement for it!! My post Raising experience has been more colorful, but I spend more time laughing at them than debating them.

An interesting read is this
Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?

Beside being told the "G" stand for all the "Gold" we have hidden away that we made off the Slave trade (I kid you not), one of the more HEEE-LARIOUS aspects of the Fun-D diatribe is how we don't invoke JESUS in our meeting. therefore it is evil and Satanic. But if you delve a little further, the LIST and LITANY of activities and organizations that make their crap list for NOT invoking Jesus or not invoking him enough is long and laughable.

Fun-D's REALLY cannot get their head around an Fraternity of men that believes in God, performs the word of God in allegory and moral traditions/teachings, but does not function as a religious organization or church. We send our men TO their church (or temple or synagogue or mosque) to be with their God as better men than when they arrived. It does not compute in the Fun-D sheep brains.

We are truly the meeting place of all views and will NOT force ANY man to avert from or convert from his chosen faith or Supreme Being. That seems to me to be the more understanding and brotherly approach. The "restriction" on religious discussion would also includes not allowing a "zealous" brother to use the trappings of the Lodge to approach Brothers with a "Brother have you been saved? Do you want to hear the word?". AND Because its not allowed, it must be because we are evil. Fun-D Logic.

The Fun-D Cousins PREACH peace through Christ, but then spew HATRED and CONDEMNATION to anyone and anything that does not believe the way they dictate. They CREATE more hate than love....and because they are righteous and full of "the spirit" they don't see it. Some of the Anti Masonic Fun-D websites take this tact. Grabbing their "nugget of ignorance", wrapping it in scriptural half truths and out of context passages and condemning good men, having never met them. Ignorance knows no bounds.

They also, as in the article, CONSTANTLY reference incorrect material, other organizations or listen to the fallen few who are trying to make a buck off them by telling them what they need to hear. "SNAKE OIL...GET YOUR RED HOT SNAKE OIL!!.

As I have said in previous threads, they talk at you until they hit that "ah-HA!!!' moment when being anymore forward with the discussion would lead you to violate YOUR word. Then they go "AH-HA!! You are hiding something and I am right!!" and then start making the sign of the cross as rapidly as they can, sprinting to their '75 pacer to drive over to the nearest cult leaders house to cleanse/program their brains and justify their feeble existence and efforts.

WOW!! That was fun...and probably a little knifey, for which I apologize...to my Brothers.

wolfbrau

I've seen articles where every thing is sex, the Washington monument a penis, the S&C the act of copulation and they prove it because G means genitive. I never heard of genitive before the article, why not an F to make it simple? The point within a circle---Sex The () points of c---SEX

or WARNING! Don't join freemasonry until you've read this article!

Well I joined and am glad I did. I did not rush in or amble blindly in, I marched.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I've seen articles where every thing is sex, the Washington monument a penis, the S&C the act of copulation and they prove it because G means genitive. I never heard of genitive before the article, why not an F to make it simple? The point within a circle---Sex The () points of c---SEX

or WARNING! Don't join freemasonry until you've read this article!

Well I joined and am glad I did. I did not rush in or amble blindly in, I marched.
SEX? Theres sex involved? I'm just here for my share of the Templar treasure

Attachments

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am a middle aged married man who does not have the energy to lace up my go fasters (sneakers) , if there is more sex involved , then I AM OUT !!!

Brother Liberty

Service Officer
Just for clarity's sake. Neither George Bush nor George W Bush are masons. They are skull and bones members which is a networking club for rich kids at Yale. I believe the John Kerry is one of those too. Nothing to do with us, except from what little is known about it, it seems they borrowed liberally from our rituals.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Just for clarity's sake. Neither George Bush nor George W Bush are masons. They are skull and bones members which is a networking club for rich kids at Yale. I believe the John Kerry is one of those too. Nothing to do with us, except from what little is known about it, it seems they borrowed liberally from our rituals.
Yeah, many of the college fraternities did.

G

Gary

I tend to ignore them and had throughout the entire process of being an Initiate to being Raised. Tinfoil hat types and a few crazy Christian fundaMENTAList Cousins of mine (I call them Fun-D's and the D stands for a male body part) have convinced me I made the right decision. Those people being against it is actually a rousing endorsement for it!! My post Raising experience has been more colorful, but I spend more time laughing at them than debating them.

An interesting read is this
Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?

Beside being told the "G" stand for all the "Gold" we have hidden away that we made off the Slave trade (I kid you not), one of the more HEEE-LARIOUS aspects of the Fun-D diatribe is how we don't invoke JESUS in our meeting. therefore it is evil and Satanic. But if you delve a little further, the LIST and LITANY of activities and organizations that make their crap list for NOT invoking Jesus or not invoking him enough is long and laughable.

Fun-D's REALLY cannot get their head around an Fraternity of men that believes in God, performs the word of God in allegory and moral traditions/teachings, but does not function as a religious organization or church. We send our men TO their church (or temple or synagogue or mosque) to be with their God as better men than when they arrived. It does not compute in the Fun-D sheep brains.

We are truly the meeting place of all views and will NOT force ANY man to avert from or convert from his chosen faith or Supreme Being. That seems to me to be the more understanding and brotherly approach. The "restriction" on religious discussion would also includes not allowing a "zealous" brother to use the trappings of the Lodge to approach Brothers with a "Brother have you been saved? Do you want to hear the word?". AND Because its not allowed, it must be because we are evil. Fun-D Logic.

The Fun-D Cousins PREACH peace through Christ, but then spew HATRED and CONDEMNATION to anyone and anything that does not believe the way they dictate. They CREATE more hate than love....and because they are righteous and full of "the spirit" they don't see it. Some of the Anti Masonic Fun-D websites take this tact. Grabbing their "nugget of ignorance", wrapping it in scriptural half truths and out of context passages and condemning good men, having never met them. Ignorance knows no bounds.

They also, as in the article, CONSTANTLY reference incorrect material, other organizations or listen to the fallen few who are trying to make a buck off them by telling them what they need to hear. "SNAKE OIL...GET YOUR RED HOT SNAKE OIL!!.

As I have said in previous threads, they talk at you until they hit that "ah-HA!!!' moment when being anymore forward with the discussion would lead you to violate YOUR word. Then they go "AH-HA!! You are hiding something and I am right!!" and then start making the sign of the cross as rapidly as they can, sprinting to their '75 pacer to drive over to the nearest cult leaders house to cleanse/program their brains and justify their feeble existence and efforts.

WOW!! That was fun...and probably a little knifey, for which I apologize...to my Brothers.
Apologize for what? I'm very sad to say you just described my parents. They are so polluted that they have been told that catholics aren't christian (because they aren't born again). They believe anything their looney preacher tells them. Talk about sheeple.

A close family friend was a Mason before he passed, and they thought he was
probably a devil worshiper because he wouldn't violate his obligation and tell them masonic secrets. He was the most upright man I've ever met, and the reason I became a Mason. Not to mention he was a Sgt. in the USMC and fought at Pearl Harbor.

It's really embarassing if you ask me.

Winter

I've been here before
I learned a loooong time ago that you can't argue with people like that.

But, you can have fun with them! LOL

I know, I know. But it's fun. :rolleyes:

G

Gary

I take great pleasure in flustering my folks. They've gotten to a point that they won't even come remotely close to a discussion that will lead to religion or Freemasonry...LOL :D

Yep! it is great fun!

pdh825

Master Mason
On the one hand, you have to admire the anti's for remaining so steadfast in their stance. But then reality sets in and you realize how ignorant they actually make themselves look because they have a very tough time recognizing what is meant to be literal and what is meant to be allegorical. I mean really, a skull can only represent something evil right.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
From what I've seen, the people building these weirdo web sites can't string a coherent sentence together never mind a rational argument. They seem to grab at things taken out of context and spin them into Ben Franklin riding goats across the Delaware River. Then they say, you poor person, you'll find out how evil that cult is when it is too late.

It is useless to present factual rebuttals to their attacks. They are not listening.

One thing I learned a long time ago is that in order for there to be a rational discussion, certain axioms must be agreed upon. The crazies have the axiom, "Freemasonry is an evil cult". While we have direct experience showing us that is not true and therefore not axiomatic. Since there is a disconnect on the axiom, there can be no rational discussion until this is resolved.

The true sign of intelligence, in my humble opinion, is the willingness to examine and test the axioms in one's thinking to prove they are true. this is a trait lacking in most anti-masonic (or anti-anything for that matter) people. I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
From what I've seen, the people building these weirdo web sites can't string a coherent sentence together never mind a rational argument. They seem to grab at things taken out of context and spin them into Ben Franklin riding goats across the Delaware River. Then they say, you poor person, you'll find out how evil that cult is when it is too late.
Yeah, but the makers of this site are Masons, so we'll give them a little slack, k? :p

It is useless to present factual rebuttals to their attacks. They are not listening.
I'm sorry ... you say something?

One thing I learned a long time ago is that in order for there to be a rational discussion, certain axioms must be agreed upon. The crazies have the axiom, "Freemasonry is an evil cult". While we have direct experience showing us that is not true and therefore not axiomatic. Since there is a disconnect on the axiom, there can be no rational discussion until this is resolved.
Which will probably be never. That's why I nod vigorously every time I hear the EA charge and it comes to the part where they tell us NOT to argue with the enemies of Freemasonry. It won't do any good.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
And hence, you don't argue here, either. :rolleyes: