Anti masonry web sites

G

Gary

AGREED!!!!!! :D That's got to be one of the top crap spewing sites on the internet.

Brother Liberty

Service Officer
I actually like that there are sites out there that make up all sorts of weird stuff about us. Reason being, it means that the men who find their way to us usually have sorted through all of that. They are searchers. Those are the type of men that make good masons. The ones who look at the good and the bad and then determine that the good makes more sense and come looking for light....

On another note, I have mentioned somewhere on this site before that about a year ago I traveled to Ohio to attend the funeral of my uncle who had died tragically. He had been a mason, but was not active. My aunt ultimately decided to not have a masonic service at his funeral, which was her choice to make. During the funeral, I had a small square and compass on my jacket as I usually do, and a relative from AZ, whom I have had little to no contact with noticed it. She looked at it, hugged me and just said " I am proud of you," and walked away. Haven't talked to her since.

G

Gary

The point you make seems to ring true. Most Masons I have met seem to be intellectuals. free thinking seems to be a prerequisite. You have to find your way through the dark before you can find the light.

Your story is touching. I think that our morals and virtues make us knights in our own right. Without a Freemasonry, chivalry might very well be lost. Your relative obviously knows this.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I learned a loooong time ago that you can't argue with people like that.

But, you can have fun with them! LOL

I know, I know. But it's fun. :rolleyes:
Well if it is wrong, sometimes I do not want to be right. It is always fun to ask people if they want to know who really shot JFK or if the moon landing was real.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
On the one hand, you have to admire the anti's for remaining so steadfast in their stance. But then reality sets in and you realize how ignorant they actually make themselves look because they have a very tough time recognizing what is meant to be literal and what is meant to be allegorical. I mean really, a skull can only represent something evil right.
I got to give it to them when they contradict themselves and still cannot see the flaw in their logic.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The point you make seems to ring true. Most Masons I have met seem to be intellectuals. free thinking seems to be a prerequisite. You have to find your way through the dark before you can find the light.
You have yet to meet me in Person. :) Next year we travel though. Already planning on following R.H.D.G.D.

Here is my thoughts on arguing with them...it is a lesson taught to me by my Grandfather:

When you argue with idiots, all they do is beat you down to their size and then beat you with experience

ckeroflite

Bro. Junior Warden
Here is my thoughts on arguing with them...it is a lesson taught to me by my Grandfather:

When you argue with idiots, all they do is beat you down to their size and then beat you with experience
The other one I like is "Do not argue with fools, because from a distance no one can tell who's the real fool"

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The Anti-s

What is your favorite anti-masonic diatribe?:eek:
I used to like the part where they would tell you that Freemasons must be hiding their evil ways, because they keep secrets.
Then I ask them to tell me their checking account number,
Or, their wife's favorite, uh...marital position.
"That's none of your business!"

I tired of that, though. They're not listening to anything you say, anyway.

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ask KSigMason , he has seen it all over on ATS (Above Top Secret). They have some real doozies over there . I have spent hours on that site chuckling to myself .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Ask KSigMason , he has seen it all over on ATS (Above Top Secret). They have some real doozies over there . I have spent hours on that site chuckling to myself .
Just was on Above Top Secret: Now I need a hernia repair!!

(not so-) S&F

Winter

I've been here before
I spend a lot of time studying the sillyness on anti-Masonic sites and publications. It allows me to learn the arguments they make and better prepare a cogent rebuttal using facts. Not every person that thinks ill of us is an idiot, merely misinformed.

I have several of these gems bookmarked but I find myself unwilling to post them here since almost every one of them openly details particulars of some of the rituals and even posting the links in a public forum I believe would be improper.

One of my favorites has always been the Jack Chick Ministries. The pamphlettes can be found almost anywhere and they produce several concerning Freemasons that are absolutely hilarious! My favorite is probably the one about DeMolay that calles the youth group "a kindergarten for satanism". It also makes the statement that likens naming the youth organiztion after DeMolay to naming a battered woman's shelter after Jack the Ripper. Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up! Check it out fo yourself.

FAQ's concerning Masonry

G

Gary

One of my favorites has always been the Jack Chick Ministries. The pamphlettes can be found almost anywhere and they produce several concerning Freemasons that are absolutely hilarious! My favorite is probably the one about DeMolay that calles the youth group "a kindergarten for satanism". It also makes the statement that likens naming the youth organization after DeMolay to naming a battered woman's shelter after Jack the Ripper. Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up! Check it out fo yourself.

FAQ's concerning Masonry
My favorite is the one about the evils of playing Dungeons and Dragons...LOL