Any backyard astronomers out there?

G

Gary

I've always had an interest in Astronomy. It wasn't until the last few years that I bought myself a decent telescope to actually observe with though.

thebrianmo

I bought my wife a really nice telescope a couple of years ago for Christmas and we've used it a few times. Mostly to see the space station and a couple of other planets. We moved to a farming community last summer and I noticed the other night @ about 4am when I took the trash to the curb that walking down our front sidewalk on a clear night there is an amazing view of the stars. We've got to get that thing back out and see some of this amazing creation.:)

G

Gary

I envy you living in farm country. It must be nice and dark. Where I live is rural, and even the smaller subdivisions suffer from light pollution from street lights etc.

My telescope is a Dobsonian reflector (light bucket) so, the light pollution is not so much an issue, but the field of view blocked by houses and trees sure is.

There is farm land fairly near by, but I haven't been able to contact any of the owners to find out if they would let me on the property just to use the telescope. So, I'm stuck in my back yard with a limited view at the moment. Houses and trees are not an astronomers friend. :rolleyes: