Anyone In Real Estate

I have recently gotten into real estate in Florida, and was wondering if anyone out there that has some experience or advise they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I think it will depend on your area of FL, just like any other state. I talked to one person the other day who is an hour or two south of me. A house I can buy for 40k here would be 65k there.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
A 40k house would be a shack.....
Not necessarily. Considering home values that were hyper inflated and then dropped due to the economy.

Remember, A house in Florida sells for half the price of one in New York. Same size, half the price.

jaya

I wish those prices were in NC. The cheapest nere me is a 2BR that the previous owners gutted of copper wire ang has a hole in the roof. That is still 80k.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A 40k house would be a shack.....
Depends on what you call a shack. 35k will get you a small 2/1/1 about 800 sqft in decent shape with a new roof and newer a/c. 40k will get you a 2/2/1 around 1100 sqft in decent shape. Decent shape being some minor fixes, carpet and paint. These same houses you may have gotten for 25-30k a year before. Blackstone has decided to invest heavily into the area and drive prices up. That article says $1 billion worth of homes to turn into rentals. Houses are starting to look like early 2000's with going for asking or near asking. Although still much lower price wise then mid 2000's.