Back to Afghanistan

cemab4y

Greetings from Huntsville ALA. I am in a hotel room here. I will fly up to Baltimore on Wednesday, and then on to Afghanistan on Thursday. I may be stuck in Kyrgyzstan on the way there. Looks like an interesting time.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I wish you the best in your travels, and may god be with you and protect you Brother.

cemab4y

Afghanistan

I flew from Huntsville ALA to Baltimore MD. I stayed in a hotel for a night. The next day, I flew from Baltimore to Ramstein Germany, then on to Izmir Turkey, then finally to Bishkek Kyrgyzstan. I stayed in the barracks for a couple of days, then I flew on to Bagram Afghanistan.

After a lousy week in a tent, sleeping on a cot, 10 yards from the flight line, I flew to my duty station of Salerno Afghanistan. I am now in an air-conditioned tent, sleeping on a real bed, with a mattress.

Afghanistan is quite a place, this is my 4th time here.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
good luck again, my prayers go out to you, and please stay as safe as possible. Look forward to hearing any updates you provide.

cemab4y

I arrived at my duty station. I am at Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan. It is not bad. I sleep in a tent, the chow hall is decent, not four-star cuisine, but adequate. We have a Subway sandwich shop, if you don't feel like chow hall food.

I will be flying around to the smaller combat bases, installing equipment.

You can keep up with my travels at Charles Martin's Blog. Afghanistan and Freemasonry