Bagpipes

Yes, when most people hear or see bagpipes they want to run a mile...but not me! I think there is nothing more spine tingling than a lone piper playing some sombre pipe drones...

So I have decided to learn bagpipes and I have my first lesson tomorrow night. Although I am still rather young, I have left learning an instrument rather late (I am 24) I don't mind though, lessons are free and they guarantee that I will be in a marching pipe band within 12 months...I will keep you all updated!

Are there any pipers here?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Remember the mark of a true gentleman is one who knows how to play bagpipes, but refrains. :D

S&F

G

Gary

Bro Bob- Who needs the mark of a gentleman when you could listen to the beautiful sound of the pipes!

Best of luck with your lessons NZ!

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I'm a piper, too. Remember: when someone asks you if "you could play that thing a little quieter" the appropriate response is, "No, but I can't play it any louder, either." ;)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
So, the police asked the downstairs neighbor, "Was there anything unusual the your neighbor did before he went psychotic."
"No, he was pretty quiet, hardly ever spoke to me."
"Anything out of the ordinary happen this evening in the neighborhood?"
"I really wouldn't know. I've been sitting in my apartment all night, just playing my bagpipes..."

:D
S&F