BBQ and Bikes

berthemp

Any brothers out there who like to BBQ? Slow smoked ribs, brisquet, pork butt, you name it, I'll cook it. Nothing better than throwing a slab of meat in the smoker, jumping on my 98 VT1100C3 and cruising for a few hours and then coming home, popping a beer and checking on the meat. Once the beer starts, the cruising stops. Plus it gives me a chance to smoke a cigar while I am waiting for the meat to cook.

Anybody with me? Look forward to hearing from you.

G

Gary

Tears of joy for sure! Why the heck are you in Arizona! I'm salivating over here....LOL

berthemp

That's where I learned. Grew up in Texas, now live just south of Tucson, AZ. My church found out what I do for fun and now I am the de facto grill master for all official and "unofficial" chuch functions. I am not ever going to lose any weight, but damn it is fun foing what I do.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I like to both Grill and BBQ. Everyone loves my turkey and turkey legs. I must admit, however, and I may get yelled at for it. But my wife follows Alton Brown's recipe for ribs, which he cooks in the oven. And they are some of the best ribs I have ever had. Although, not as spicy as mine.

Now here is the bigger question. Wet or dry rub?

And a little music for your listening pleasure. Sorry for the quality, but could not find a better one.
YouTube - (duet George Strait & Me) "TEXAS COOKIN'"

berthemp

Now my brother, it all depends. Everything gets a dry rub to make a crust. But only pork ribs and pulled pork shoulder get an extra dose of love with the wet added at a later time. I will NOT put sauce on beef ribs or brisket. But some of my brothers "as yet still in the dark" regarding BBQ will commit the crime of sauce sometimes where not appropriate. But that is the beauty of our society, teaching the the ways of becoming better men (and eaters of BBQ.)

emarsh

I live in Lockhart, which is the official BBQ capital of Texas. While I appreciate good BBQ, I'm trying to lose a few pounds so while we have four places in town competing with each other I only eat out every few weeks.