Beach

I am in the planning stages of my family vacation and the better half wants to go to the beach. Shes from the midwest and has never been to the east coast and wants to go. In my younger days, I spent some time in Myrtle Beach but have been there since 1991 and I dont remember it being very "Family" orientated ....... more along the lines of a party atmosphere. I am open for suggestions but hope to stay north of GA....due to traveling to see family in SC also.

Have you stayed any places that would be fun for kids....I read the websites but they always say its a great place to stay....I like to hear from people that have been there.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The Outer Banks , NC . Great place for the family . The OBX is not a "party place" , it's laid back with very , very few bars . You have to drive everywhere you go mind you , but they have some beautiful beach lights . You and the kids can climb to the top of Currituck lighthouse and Cape Hatteras Lighthouse , and go see Bodie Lighthouse . You can take a day trip and ride the ferry to Ocracoke Island and go to the Black Beard (Edward Teach) museum and see the Ocracoke lighthouse . There is boat rides , plane trips over the coast , go to the NC Aquarium , the Elizabethen Gardens and near the Gardens you can go to Fort Raleigh National Park and watch the play about the Lost Colony . And more importantly you can just lay on the beach . Go to Awful Arthurs and eat some of the greatest seafood on the planet (get the Mahi Mahi!!!!) The only problem is that it is up near Virginia . Just throwing it out there though because I love it there and we go every year .

Wilmington NC , has a beautiful beach and the USS NC you can visit . I used to go there a lot when I was in the USMC . Be warned though we went there to party , but that has been years ago . My neighbor goes down there every year and loves it . Close to SC , so you may want to check that out on the internet and see what they have to offer .

After 4 years of living in NC while in the Corps I fell in love with that state so I am a bit biased and almost anything I have to offer will be for NC .

Thanks for the info....I never think about those places. Everytime I think about the beach, Myrtle is all that I look at....there are so many nice places to see on the coast....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yes there is a lot of nice beaches . I loved Myrtle beach when I was young and single , but now I am looking for a more laid back atmosphere .

The Better half decided since shes never been to the beach, she wanted to go to Myrtle... so we are staying real close to the amusement park & water park. We got a really good deal on a beach front with a balcony....she happy....so thata what counts.....now to talk her into letting me go golf........

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Myrtle Beach

The Better half decided since shes never been to the beach, she wanted to go to Myrtle... so we are staying real close to the amusement park & water park. We got a really good deal on a beach front with a balcony....she happy....so thata what counts.....now to talk her into letting me go golf........
Mmmmm! Sittin' in my timeshare in NMB right now
We're about a mile north of Boulineau's Retail Empire (IGA, Ace Hardware, laundromat, beach store, ABC store, ice cream shop, gift shop) in Cherry Grove Beach!

:)
S&F