Becoming unplugged

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it to you that you are "plugged in?" If you were without power for more than ten days, how would your day change?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it to you that you are "plugged in?" If you were without power for more than ten days, how would your day change?
And as the fire rains down upon my house, the children eat the parents and.....

ok maybe not that bad. I would love time away and 6 days at sea no phones were nice but I need other stuff to do. Good books, fun outdoor stuff something. I'd crack shortly otherwise.

I want to be more of a mans man but I'm damn near all city boy

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would not be able to get on here , and would have to make adjustments to how I care for my fish but I would be more than happy without a phone . I would catch up on some reading .

But on a scale to 1 to 10 , other than Freemason Hall I really do not need the internet . I hate phones , I very rarely check my e-mail and Facebook . So I really don't have to be plugged in .

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
7 or 8. I use electronic means to keep up on whats going on with my family 900 miles away, my friends overseas, and a few of my buddies from my military days. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who ever writes a letter or sends a card anymore, but I have to admit being online has its advantages. Plus, I'm taking classes (I'm always taking classes somewhere or somehow) online so... What scares me are these people who never seem to leave their homes except for work or school, ever, for anything at all. There's a girl I used to work with at the airport five years ago... she left the house to go to work, picked up groceries either on her way to or from work, and spent ALL her time online playing MMORPGs... ALL her time. But to each his own...

DavisB

Wait....so I couldn't use any electricity...... *begins to look around quickly, twitching, scratching my neck*....oh, well uh....yeah.....I'd...be fine....;);)

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
The former soldier in me says I would be just fine, I've just become accustomed to all these nice electric powered things in my life.

Winter

I've been here before
I was lamenting just the other day with some Brothers that we are so wired into our everyday lives. (As I post on an internet forum)

I actually miss the days growing up and in the military when, if you wanted to talk to your friends, you went and found them. And hung out.

DANG.....I dont think I could walk to WI, KY, FL, OH,MN,TN,GA.....well maybe OH & KY but not where my friends from here are.....:D

I do understand.... sometimes we need to disconnect and actually....hold on, I have a text I have to get.............................................................................................................. have some social interaction......

Lets all move down next to Gary....he lives where it is nice and the oceans is close....and so is Coach......

CoachN

Builder Builder
(I thought from the title of the thread that this was about the liberal use of fiber as a food additive for back-log prevention. My bad!)

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
(I thought from the title of the thread that this was about the liberal use of fiber as a food additive for back-log prevention. My bad!)
You kno what? I'm going to say it. Good wordplay, Coach. See even the big squirrels have poop jokes

Winter

I've been here before
So maybe we should all become Neo-Luddites!

Neo-Luddism is a personal world view opposing modern technology. Its name is based on the historical legacy of the British Luddites which were active between 1811 and 1816. Neo-Luddism includes the critical examination of the effects technology has on individuals and communities.

Reform Luddism is an offshoot of Neo-Luddism and represents a personal world view skeptical of modern technology and critical of many purported benefits.

Neo-Luddism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So maybe we should all become Neo-Luddites!

Neo-Luddism is a personal world view opposing modern technology. Its name is based on the historical legacy of the British Luddites which were active between 1811 and 1816. Neo-Luddism includes the critical examination of the effects technology has on individuals and communities.

Reform Luddism is an offshoot of Neo-Luddism and represents a personal world view skeptical of modern technology and critical of many purported benefits.

Neo-Luddism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are they monotheistic?

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Drastic changes would take place, but maybe that is what's needed to make the youngens appreciate that they can actually do something not related to TV, Computer, and electronic games. I'm guessing most of us on here actually grew up before the internet, and some of us before color tv.... And we turned out "alright" lmao, well I think we did anyhow. Games outside, reading, campfires and candlelight.... I wouldn't mind it too much at all. I'd miss some of the rapidly available things, but nothing I couldn't do without.