Biopsy

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
My wife had her annual mammogram on Thursday and then another one on her right breast Friday morning, followed by a biopsy to remove 3 'suspicious' micro-calcification and some surrounding tissue.
Waiting on the results today or tomorrow.

Still in shock and worried. Her aunt had a mastectomy a couple of years ago, so cancer is in her bloodline.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
My wife had her annual mammogram on Thursday and then another one on her right breast Friday morning, followed by a biopsy to remove 3 'suspicious' micro-calcification and some surrounding tissue.
Waiting on the results today or tomorrow.

Still in shock and worried. Her aunt had a mastectomy a couple of years ago, so cancer is in her bloodline.
Prayers sent to you and your wife.

Duncan1574

they found "a few cancer cells", full pathology report not back yet. More details so I get them.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Hopefully you will get better news coming soon. You are in thoughts and prayers though.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Hopefully they caught it early enough and the treatment will act swiftly for complete recovery. I'll continue to pray for you guys.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It really does sound like it was caught very early and I hope the GAOTU guides the minds and hands of the doctors, nurses and admin staff as well for your wife as He did for me. My prayers are with you and your family.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
It really does sound like it was caught very early and I hope the GAOTU guides the minds and hands of the doctors, nurses and admin staff as well for your wife as He did for me. My prayers are with you and your family.
Like Brother John, I also beat this disease twice. I have a cousin who just finished treatment for breast cancer. You and your wife have my thoughts and prayers. I believe it can be beat.

Duncan1574

Just back from a visit with a surgeon, feel better after an explanation. Need a few more tests to determine the exact course of treatment, but likely a lumpoctomy and radiation.
Going to talk with one more surgeon next Wed. Then a decision will be made. Thanks for prayers, thoughts, and concern.

Duncan1574

More tests, more/less worries, I have setup a Caring Bridge site for Nancy, PM me your email address if you want access.

Duncan1574

Update: Interviewing cutters for a lumpoctomy. Bilateral MRI showed a 4mm spot in the left side, ultrasound couldn't find it (which is typical of MRIs, they see stuff). I have setup a Caring Bridge site, if you would like to be added to the invitees, please PM me.