Born to Run? Little Ones Get Test for Sports Gene

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
BOULDER, Colo. — When Donna Campiglia learned recently that a genetic test might be able to determine which sports suit the talents of her 2 ½-year-old son, Noah, she instantly said, Where can I get it and how much does it cost?

“I could see how some people might think the test would pigeonhole your child into doing fewer sports or being exposed to fewer things, but I still think it’s good to match them with the right activity,” Ms. Campiglia, 36, said as she watched a toddler class at Boulder Indoor Soccer in which Noah struggled to take direction from the coach between juice and potty breaks.
“I think it would prevent a lot of parental frustration,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/sports/30genetics.html?_r=1&no_interstitial

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I know this is just me, but as science progresses, it scares the (*&% out of me. I am not in favor of gene manipulation, the only thing that I would be fully in favor of is when it can assist with eliminating cancers, or birth defects, etc.. The things that I am against are the selection process and the enhancement of individuals by manipulating things that should be natual. Of course it is just my opinion.