Bow ties

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Why is it , when knotting a regular tie for someone I have to put the tie on , knot it then take it off and hand it over . But with a bow tie , I can knot it on someone else , but when I try to knot it on myself , I am all thumbs !?

I want to add bow ties to my tie collection , but I have to purchase the cheater bow ties . I bought I paisley bow tie that looks great but it is a cheater .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I own exactly two bow ties. Both of them are "cheaters". One is black and gets worn at every meeting where I wear my tux. I have no idea where the other one is because it came with a vest I bought. I'd like to expand my horizons and learn to tie a bow tie. I even downloaded a kindle book on the subject. Now if I could only find the time and money to go shopping.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I've never owned anything but cheaters. I'd actually like to learn to tie a real one one day. There is something distinguished about a bowtie.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Whenever I see a bow tie and not on a tuxedo, I am thinking, "Bipolar?"
Really.

S&F

Bill_F

I own exactly two bow ties. Both of them are "cheaters". One is black and gets worn at every meeting where I wear my tux. I have no idea where the other one is because it came with a vest I bought. I'd like to expand my horizons and learn to tie a bow tie. I even downloaded a kindle book on the subject. Now if I could only find the time and money to go shopping.
Check the pocket of the vest. I'll bet that's where it ended up! LOL

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Whenever I see a bow tie and not on a tuxedo, I am thinking, "Bipolar?"
Really.

S&F
Bow ties look great with suits . They also look good with checkered sports coats and jeans . I am looking at a red and black checkered sports coat right now .

jaya

I wear a bow tie on occasion but do not own a cheater. If you can tie your shoe you can tie a bowtie.