Break in

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am telling you , thieves are getting ballsier by the day . My Mother-in-law was out on her riding mower mowing the lawn , while she was mowing someone broke into her house and stole her purse , money and jewelry .

And what gets me is she seen the SUV they were driving sitting in her driveway and did not even question it , merely waved at the girl driving !!! The girl was on her cell phone and I guess my Mother-in-law thought she may have been lost . But she should know that there is no cell phone service where she lives out in the country .

What's even scarier for me is that my Mom lives a 1/2 a mile from her and her house has been broken into also .

According to my mother-in-law , the tags on the car were from Ohio . They tend to cross the river and drive out into the country and break into our homes . Never trusted a Buckeye (that's a joke) .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
My wifes car has been vandalized twice in the last few weeks. I feel your pain.

goomba

Some of these buglers/robbers who hit a house like this, if caught, will have pre-planned stories about a neighbor in the area who is moving and are at the wrong house.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The guy WAS at my mothers ! When she seen him snooping around she went out on the porch , he asked her where the road she lives on leads too like he was lost . I told Mom to leave her car in her driveway instead of the closed up garage and never walk outside to a stranger snooping around again without her 9mm . Luckily I have a lodge brother who lives next door to her and keeps an eye out for me .

jaya

All the incidents need to be reported to start with. I do not trust people. To me that is sad. In todays society many people are trying to take advantage of others and take whatever they can. People are feeling entitled to things instead of having to work for them. Not all people are like thst I know. However, to many are.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Of course they were reported . But it is not like the police will do anything , it was the County deputies and they are inept (*HERE) . Yesterday , they showed up did not even take notes ( hell , they did not even walk into the house ) , just said uh huh a few times , made the comment "break-ins happen" and left .

Told her to call the State Police , now they get things done .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
She has a .38 . I told her to both lock up her house when she is out working in her HUGE yard and carry her pistol with her .

Personally , I have never carried and probably never will , but that's just me . After years of dealing with various weapons in the Corps , I have absolutely , positively no interest in guns of any kind . I do have a 12 guage shotgun in the house though , but I never handle it . Thinking about it , it probably needs a good cleaning .

Bill_F

Well, at least she didn't walk in on them and have to use the .38. No telling what they would have done when cornered. Some people feel safer carrying, but might not be able to use it if the time comes. At least she's safe.
I wonder if the girl in the car was trying to call whoever was in the house?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
All the incidents need to be reported to start with. I do not trust people. To me that is sad. In todays society many people are trying to take advantage of others and take whatever they can. People are feeling entitled to things instead of having to work for them. Not all people are like thst I know. However, to many are.
I've seen far too many things to trust an open door. I had a friend down the street from my previous house who left her house as someone was driving by. They turned around and broke into her house as soon as she went around the corner. Thankfully she was only gone for 10 minutes or so and the cop that responded called the local pawn shops immediately after getting some item descriptions. They were caught shortly after trying to pawn jewelry for the 4th time that week and that pawn shop alone. Another pumped gas with his windows open when someone walked by and grabbed the sell phone off the passenger seat. Talk to a few officers at the Lodge and they will tell you how gangs come up from south Florida and check unlocked car doors at night. One was breaking windows while people were at events. That happened at my daughters gymnastics class the night before her class. And people still question why I do not leave my tools at the job site anymore and they come home with me.

I hope your mother will be ok, and that they get caught.